Jigmaster gears

Started by Cone, February 01, 2014, 05:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

BMITCH

Bob, are these the same gears that the finish flakes off of? I'm not sure but I think that someone here had some issues with the finish on these. Anyone??
luck is the residue of design.

broschro

I won a set for 16 bucks.they look pretty good haven't got to use them yet waiting for the bridge for my 501.

Cone

Quote from: BMITCH on February 01, 2014, 11:22:55 AM
Bob, are these the same gears that the finish flakes off of? I'm not sure but I think that someone here had some issues with the finish on these. Anyone??
That's what I was wondering. It's a different seller or he's changed his name. Looking at the pictures the pinion looks rougher than the Pro Challenger gears from Alan C. I have some coming from Alan and he stands behind his. I just saw them and wanted some feedback.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

Black Pearl

Quote from: Cone on February 01, 2014, 02:55:21 PM
Quote from: BMITCH on February 01, 2014, 11:22:55 AM
That's what I was wondering. It's a different seller or he's changed his name. Looking at the pictures the pinion looks rougher than the Pro Challenger gears from Alan C. I have some coming from Alan and he stands behind his. I just saw them and wanted some feedback.  Bob
Hi Bob,

The seller is the source who sold those gears to SmoothDrag at the beginning.

Thanks,
--Alan

broschro

Alan's gears are way nicer than the ones from EBay; they almost look like they were used.  But for the winning bid of 16.00$ I will give um a try  :-\

BMITCH

Jamie, at $16. I would have taken them.
Bob

Cone

[/quote]
Hi Bob,

Thanks,
--Alan
[/quote]

Thanks Alan, that's what I figured. Bugs must have changed his name. I'll stick with yours. I know they are quality and you stand behind them.   Bob

BMITCH

Quote from: Cone on February 01, 2014, 05:15:37 PM

Hi Bob,

Thanks,
--Alan
[/quote]

Thanks Alan, that's what I figured. Bugs must have changed his name. I'll stick with yours. I know they are
quality and you stand behind them.   Bob
[/quote]

x2 we know what we're gettin!

Crjdrivr

I'm just newb to this sit but I bought two sets of those gears. One for my pg 255 and one for a jigmaster. Tried to get them to work in both reels for over a week with no luck. I used the Black Pearl gears in my pg 545 and they worked flawlessly. You get what you pay for.

maxpowers

they worked fine in both my 506 and 500.  Noisy though ..

Lensters

I bought three sets of these.  I have no idea where they originated but I won't be buying anymore.  The first two are usable after a good lapping job.  The last set don't engage more than the tips actually.
Lensters is also known as Len and will respond when addressed as either.

Disclaimer: My opinions, are mine and mine alone.  They should not be ascribed to Alan, moderators or anyone else on this site.  However, should you wish to, you may adopt them as your own.

rscotth

That's really unfortunate about these gears, especially since i have two sets waiting to be installed. :-\

rscotth

Well I went ahead and loaded up the gears and frankly they work great! Both sets, no issues, but they are a bit noisier than the originals. I'm really not concerned about that since where I fish there aren't any fishing reel noise emission's laws.   ;)

Just being real...ya know.

RSH

Ron Jones

Cool,
Hope it works out and they serve you well.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"