Alternating double dogs

Started by BMITCH, January 11, 2014, 01:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Just a few pics of the current upgrade... 113H "TANK"

The side plate was modified by a good friend  ::) now I'm just waiting on some other parts to arrive from another food friend on this site. Once this is all together it will be a tank!! Cant wait :D
luck is the residue of design.

Newell Nut

Nice looking project. Who needs a new reels? These vintage ones can still kill a lot of fish for years to come.

Bryan Young

Sweet.  I hardly think about putting the short dog on the top.  I usually put it on the bottom. Most of mine come out sounding like gatling guns. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

BMITCH

Bryan, the dog on the bottom lined up perfectly so I decided to try shortening the top one. It should work out good, unless someone see a problem with this configuration. Please chime in.

BMITCH

I was also thinking mayge with a custome cut dog we could use the bottom right side plate screw as the pivot point for a third dog. Some cutting and grinding of the side plate and a dog out of SS might just work :-\ I don't know if there would be any advantage though ??? Sal, you there? What's your thoughts?

Dominick

Bob: do it anyway.  We can call it the Mad Dog Tank or some such.  Good work.  My problem is how to put some material back.   ???  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Really Bob! ??? Three dogs! ::)
You have gone crazy Bro! :P
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Dominick and Daron. I looked real hard at this. Any decent material for the dog would require a mini lathe. Hmmm....do we know any body with one of those ::) really though, for me right now I don't have the tooling to do that kinda work. Maybe if I fashioned the dog outta some other meta...say aluminum as a dry fit. Then I could possibly convince Lee to make it out of SS. I'll work on this on another reel when I get a few free hours.
Bob

Shark Hunter

I bet it will sound like a baseball card clothes pinned to a bicycle tire! ;D
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 11, 2014, 06:34:45 PM

Or a greenhorn who does not turn off the clicker.   ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Dominick on January 11, 2014, 06:40:16 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 11, 2014, 06:34:45 PM

Or a greenhorn who does not turn off the clicker.   ::)  Dominick
Or a Crazy Gut that won't stop adding Dogs! ;D
Life is Good!