Newell clamp

Started by Ron Jones, February 04, 2014, 07:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

I just picked up a 30-49 sized Newell stand that will probably end up on my BayMaster. Unfortunately it doesn't have a clamp. Any recommendations for a replacement?
Thanks
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Newell Nut

What is the spacing between the two screws for the rod clamp? On my way offshore so I will check later today.

Ron Jones

Unfortunatly, it's in the mail. It is the stand for the 501 and narrow Surfmasters, etc. If it is close to Penn specs I may just get one of those or maybe an Accurate of the Bay. I just like asking here first.
Thanks
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

that sounds like it may be a clamp from Newell 229.  Once you get it, measure it and let me know.  I purchased a 229 clamp by mistake (wanted a 220).  You can have it for what I paid for it if it fits.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Cool, I'll let you know. Tracking says it will be here by Fri.
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Newell Nut

The 229 and 332 are the same clamp if that helps locate one.

john2244

I believe the Penn 30-49 stand is the same width as a Newell 220.  I am not sure if the hole pattern is the same or not on the 220 and 30-49 stands.   The small BayMasters use a different stand (30-180 and 30-180S) but I believe a 30-49 stand will fit.  The 49 stand has the holes for attaching a clamp the 180 stands do not.

John

Ron Jones

Thanks John.
You are correct, and it took me several years to figure out, the Baymaster has a Beachmaster type stand that will fit the 30-49 stand of all the other clamp equiped narrow reels.
I'll look for a 332. Does anyone know if a Penn clamp will fit?
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

George4741

Here is a Penn #33-49 rod clamp on a narrow Newell stand.  Use one of these until you find a Newell clamp.

viurem lliures o morirem

bluefish69

At this present time I am holding a Penn Reel Seat that fits a Newell 220. Penn # 30-180s.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Ron Jones

Great!
Thanks everyone.
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

bluefish69

Ron

If you are really stuck just give me the center - center of the screws & I will take one off one of my reels.

Aluminum or Graphite

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Ron Jones

Thanks Mike but I think I got this. If what I have doesn't line up I'll buy Bryan's off him so he doesn't have it kicking around.
Ron
Ronald Jones
"