Daytona, Feb 4 2014

Started by Newell Nut, February 04, 2014, 11:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Seas were about 2 feet and water clarity was nice. The red snappers were biting again along with a lot of trigger fish that were caught around the boat. I caught a few trigger fish and nice sea bass and my first Mangrove snapper of this year but they will increase in a few weeks.

Shark Hunter

Did you have to gouge his eye out Dwight! ;D
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Some guys have all the FUN!

Good for you Dwight!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Newell Nut

Fortunately I live in an area where we can fish year round. Those gill plates are rather sharp without a glove so the eye socket works okay. This was the biggest of three that the FWC guy behind me tagged. He was on another boat a couple weeks ago and only 12 miles out and tagged 72. The numbers are coming back really well. We had a 3 day season last year so we are hoping for a few more days this year. We catch a lot of those red snappers on every trip now.

Bryan Young

Whoa, nice fish.  Try shabu shabu style with that fish.  yum.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

I like the steamed Chinese style with fresh ginger and shoyu this time of year.  I always try to have a whole Onaga, Paka, or Ehu for chinese new year.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Newell Nut

We like the steamed fish as well as many other options. My wife is from Indonesia and she introduced me to steaming fish and I really like it.

MFB

Only one thing beats snapper fried in butter & that's grouper fried in butter :)

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton