Accurate 870N cant back off drag all the way

Started by ctran, February 05, 2014, 11:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctran

When I turn the my drag knob all the way to the left/off and put the lever back in the strike position it still feels like I have a few pounds of drag on. I compared it to my 197 and my 197 feels like its all the way back off with no drag when i do the same. Not sure what the problem is. I have turned the Accucast all the way down and it still feels like I cant back my drag off all the way. The reel functions perfectly  normal other than that. has great free spool, drag increases when i turn the knob to the right. only thing is it just doesnt feel like i can full back my drag off. Any ideas what this might be?

Bryan Young

Does it free spool when the lever is in the free spool position?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ctran

Bryan Young

I have had a few reels like that.  I think it really is a slight difference in the cam.  It's really no issue unless it really bugs you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ctran

Thanks Bryan. Just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't give me future problems.