Accidently sprayed Corrosion X on CF drag washers....

Started by sundaytrucka, February 09, 2014, 11:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundaytrucka

I was spraying down a corroded Penn 975 handle nut, and I am pretty sure some X found its way down to the main gear and subsequently the drag washers.

They were not wet when I pulled them out of the main gear, but wanted to know if they are ok to use or trash?

Thanks, Scott.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Bryan Young

Quote from: sundaytrucka on February 09, 2014, 11:37:35 PM
I was spraying down a corroded Penn 975 handle nut, and I am pretty sure some X found its way down to the main gear and subsequently the drag washers.

They were not wet when I pulled them out of the main gear, but wanted to know if they are ok to use or trash?

Thanks, Scott.
of the we're dry, then they are okay. If in question, I would speak and rub with something like dawn rinse and let dry before reinstalling.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

shouldn't be a problem.  i sometimes have to take the grungiest carbon fiber drag washers and just rub out the old grease and grime, then slap on a thick coat of drag grease and call it done.  it usually works. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BMITCH

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 09, 2014, 11:57:24 PM

Thanks, Scott.
of the we're dry, then they are okay. If in question, I would speak and rub with something like dawn rinse and let dry before reinstalling.

You mean dawn dish washing soap, right? I don't think Dawn from smooth drag would like that ::) ;D ;D
luck is the residue of design.

rshu

Quote from: BMITCH on February 10, 2014, 10:12:02 AM
Quote from: Bryan Young on February 09, 2014, 11:57:24 PM

Thanks, Scott.

You mean dawn dish washing soap, right? I don't think Dawn from smooth drag would like that ::) ;D ;D

haha! I was thinking the same thing!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dawn

Oh sure, it's not enough I touch them, now I have to rub them on me?   ;D
Dawn

sundaytrucka

Ok, cool. Thank you for the input. I will stick with these CF washers.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

johnachak

Quote from: alantani on February 10, 2014, 05:40:07 AM
shouldn't be a problem.  i sometimes have to take the grungiest carbon fiber drag washers and just rub out the old grease and grime, then slap on a thick coat of drag grease and call it done.  it usually works. 

I agree, It worked a few times for me.

exp2000

Not sure if that will work?
Think you might be rubbing Dawn up the wrong way  :o
~

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

anglingarchitect

Back on Topic, wouldn't some kind of solvent work like the carb cleaner?

ijlal

I sometimes find washers with lots of oil on them. I simply wash them with soap or detergent, let them dry, grease them and they're good again!  ;D
I live 'fishing'!