Everol 4/0 special re-grease

Started by FishnNauru, February 12, 2014, 09:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishnNauru

So I did a service on my Everol 4/0 special today, all bearings were shielded, so I read on the site how to get the shields off with the fishing hook, thanks Alan, and greased all the bearings with OMC triple marine grease. This reel is only for trolling, not casting, so I assume its ok I greased the spool bearings ...?
I left all the shields off for ease of future regreasing.
Somewhere along the line the reel is missing one of the drag springs, and testing abit low on the drag, 8/9lb instead of 10+. Going to get a few more on their way from Everol in Italy.  (It can take 12 springs total to increase the drag by 30%...cool!)May end up updating the drag to carbon fibre too.
Didn't have the right grease to do the drag, will try that next time I open her up.
Anyway I bought this real used on ebay, but love its ease of disassembly and ease of working on. 6 bolts and your into the guts. Way easier than my shimano TLD 30 2 speed. Paolo at Everol is super helpful with any reel issues with their reels too.
I have the gift of taking a small job and making it into a big job!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Thanks for sharing Adam.  If you upgrade to a carbon fiber drag, Cal's drag grease is highly recommended, but a Teflon based grease like Shimano's will work also.
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono