STURGEON FISHING IN SAN FRANCISCO BAY

Started by Dominick, February 14, 2014, 01:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

I really want to believe that statement, but I love my job. Their is just something about being in control of a nuclear powered submarine inches under the ocean surface, especially at night, that makes it the best E ticket ride in the park. I can honestly say that my best day fishing is better than my best day working, but my worst day fishing was no where near as cool as my best day working.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

MFB

Quote from: noyb72 on February 14, 2014, 07:11:23 PM
I really want to believe that statement, but I love my job. Their is just something about being in control of a nuclear powered submarine inches under the ocean surface, especially at night, that makes it the best E ticket ride in the park. I can honestly say that my best day fishing is better than my best day working, but my worst day fishing was no where near as cool as my best day working.
Ron
[But my worst day fishing was nowhere near as cool as my best day working]

I can relate to this, I really enjoy my job & the also the company I work for.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Ron Jones

Their are others who will awnser more thouroughly, but their is definatly fishing in SH in July.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Fish-aholic

Sturgeon fishing; it's one species (as are many others) on my bucket list.  :D

seaeagle2

Just so there's no confusion, I spent about 1 1/2 hours sitting in the cab of my service van today waiting for a part to be delivered so I could fix a furnace, Dominick had way more fun even if he didn't catch a sturgeon.....
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Dominick

Quote from: mrbrklyn on February 14, 2014, 08:09:18 PM
I think the expression is that a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.

Now, I go to SF periodically and I'll be there in July, if there is any water by then.    Any fishing?

Hey Rueben when you have definite plans to visit SF PM me with as much advanced notice as you can and we will get you some salmon.  Weather permitting.  Sometimes in July there are heavy seas and small craft warnings.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

Quote from: mrbrklyn on February 16, 2014, 07:30:45 AM
I have Pharmacy CE credits
What does this have to do with it?  Do you have to come that far for CE?  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

june 19 to 21, spirit of adventure, though i will be home on the evening of the 21st.  i will try go get the 22nd off, but i would not be able to prep the boat in time. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cortez_Conversions

Dominick,
I'll be out of town end of June, but keep me posted on your next trip.
Just give me enough time to plan!
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Dominick

Tom, I have a better idea.  Let me know when you can go and I'll plan around that.  Dominick

Lunker Larry

Fished sturgeon in the Fraser River, British Columbia last September. Fantastic. Went 18 for 19 with the biggest around 300 lbs
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Dominick

Quote from: mrbrklyn on March 02, 2014, 11:37:35 PM
I'm thinking I can try to squeeze an extra day on SF for fishing, like that Monday, if we can be assured of a boat and access.
Ruben:  I did not mean to ignore you, I just forgot to respond.  A boat is assured but I don't know what you mean by access.  You may go out in the ocean in any weather but not me.  Dominick