STURGEON FISHING IN SAN FRANCISCO BAY

Started by Dominick, February 14, 2014, 01:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

I went sturgeon fishing in San Francisco Bay.  It was a little chilly before the fog lifted but turned into a sunny day in the mid sixties.  Here I am waiting for a bite.  I had to catch up on the news as there was a lull in the bites.  We caught lots of "junk fish" and one king fish but no sturgeon.  Lot's of laughs though.

Small leopard shark caught by Marcus.

Here is Marcus teaching small leopard shark how to fly.

Lot's of these.  At first they are fun.  But after a while they are tiresome.

Sand shark

Here is my friend Jacques the best boat mechanic and boat owner.  That is the San Mateo/Hayward Bridge in the background

Sturgeon fishing is kind of laid back.

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

looking good buddy, I thought we were the only ones that had junk fish.
Is that espresso in that thermos?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

gstours

Hello;  at least you got to go, looks kinda cold for the day, nice boat too,  theres nothing better than fishing sitting in a chair.  Having fun......

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

seaeagle2

My son spent 3 years going to school in Hayward, I always wondered what kind of fishing was out there in the bay.  I thought about trying to go fishing but it never worked out, closest I got was driving over the San Mateo Hayward Bridge to Hi's Tackle shop.. ;D Here's a couple pictures of some catch and release sturgeon from the Fraser River near Harrison Hot Springs BC.  We were on a guided trip they kinda have it dialed in.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

johndtuttle

Thanks for the post.

FANTASTIC eats if you get a keeper.

best

alantani

i know there's not much else to do this time of year, but i think i'd almost rather watch paint dry, (or maybe watch snow melt  ;D)!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BMITCH

Why the hell are you fishin for surgeons ??? I thought we were supposed to fish in the bottom of the ocean for lawyers ::) just kidding with ya Dominick. Looks like a relaxing day out there. I gotta go start the snow blower now.....again. Total of 18" + this AM. I rather be sitting on that boat in the fog not catching.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Newell Nut

When I worked in Indonesia and traveled to the site early every morning I would see rice farmers knee deep in the water and mud starting their day and I would think that I was glad that is not me. I think now I would rather do that than start a snow blower early in the morning. Every region of the planet has its down side I guess. Sure makes the spring time extremely sweet.

BMITCH

Dwight, all I got to say is thank god for snow blowers and plows!!
luck is the residue of design.

DaBigOno

A day fishing is always a good day.

Looks like fun Dom!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on February 14, 2014, 06:34:47 AM
i know there's not much else to do this time of year, but i think i'd almost rather watch paint dry, (or maybe watch snow melt  ;D)!
I know a lot of fishermen say that about sturgeon fishing but sitting comfortably on a boat drinking beer and telling lies with a few guys you enjoy the company of is great fun even if you don't catch fish.  "Watch snow melt" Alan I thought you were above throwing a dig at the guys back east.   :D :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

naw, not me.  i am sitting in the garage working on fishing reels!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

El Pescador

Fellas...  Really???

EVERY day fishing is better than any day working!!!!  Like I'm doing right now!

Can I get an AMEN!!!!!
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: El Pescador on February 14, 2014, 06:09:15 PM
Fellas...  Really???

EVERY day fishing is better than any day working!!!!  Like I'm doing right now!

Can I get an AMEN!!!!!

AMEN brother Pescador!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal