Penn replacement handle.

Started by Irish Jigger, February 17, 2014, 03:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Jigger

Anyone tried these replacement handles? Interesting looking grip.

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/24N-310.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

BMITCH

Tom, I may have a couple around here. I have since traded all my reel handles and arms out and your welcome to them if you would like. Let me know.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

George4741

I had one that came standard on a 310GTI.  In my opinion, and I'm sure the opinion of most everyone else, it is way too small.  I replaced it with a 24-56 handle.   
viurem lliures o morirem

Irish Jigger

Bob,thank you for your kind offer but I can pick up a couple of these stainless steel handles with soft grips over here. I need a pair of counter balanced handles to replace the old 24-155 torpedo handles on the Squidders.

George, I have  the 24-66 handles on my 112H and 99/500 "Albacore Special",great handles but a bit overkill for the Squidders I am repairing.

There is a better pic of the 024S-310 handle here than the one on Scotts list.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Penn-reel-repair-parts-209-handle-/261011103210

Thank's guys.

Shark Hunter

I have the same type grip on my squidder. Its not counterbalanced, but it feels right for these little reels.
Life is Good!

George4741

OK Tom, I just wanted you to know how small the 24-310 is.  It shouldn't look out of place on a squidder.  However, the rubber knob is smaller than that found on late model jigmasters and 309 levelwinds.
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

doradoben

The handle on Shark Hunter's custom Squidder is from a 112H. I don't remember the part number, but I had one on a 146 Squidder and really liked it. In my opinion, another good choice for a counterbalanced handle is 24-66 from a 500 Jigmaster..

Irish Jigger

Thank's for the information guys. The handle on Shark Hunters squidder is a 24-112H.

day0ne

I like the 24-55 and 24-56 3 hole no counter balanced ones the best
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter