How to remove handle, Quantum Energy E750PT

Started by vandenhooff, February 22, 2014, 02:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandenhooff

Anyone know how to remove the handle on a Quantum Energy E750PT. I think you just turn it in the opposite direction from reeling, but I don't want to force mine. Thanks in advance!

Pro Reel

Look under the handle, you will see a black metal ring. The surface of the ring has teeth that mesh with teeth on the bottom of the handle. It locks the handle in place. There is a spring under the disk . If you grab the edges of the disk you can pull it down and away from the handle just enough to turn the handle backwards. It helps to tighten the star drag as tight as you can get it to get more room to pull that disk down. It also helps to have 2 people, one to pull down on the disk and one to turn the handle backwards at the same time.

vandenhooff

Easy peasy, thanks Pro Reel.

Ok, let's talk about the little black button... after I removed the handle, I depressed and slid the black button over to the side but couldn't open the reel. I just bought this reel used. It's in excellent shape, smooth, but I would like to peek inside it.

Thanks again,
Dennis

Pro Reel

The side cover needs to trun 1/4 turn down at the front, or counter clockwise, while you hold the lock slide over. If the reel has not been opened for a long time, it might be stuck. If you can't make it turn down while you hold that slide , then get a rubber handled screwdriver or small rubber mallet or something made out of rubber and start tapping the top of the side cover at the front while you hold the slide. You may also need to tap the back from the bottom up. It should work loose with enough tapping. Before you try to open it, loosen the cast tension cap on the handle side. that takes the tension off the spool shaft that goes through to the side cover. When you get ready to put the side cover back on, grease the locking tabs to keep it from seizing shut in the future.

vandenhooff

Here I was pulling on it. Thanks again Pro Reel. Everything looks good inside. Light lubing with Hot Sauce, all back together and works like new.

vandenhooff

Anybody know the maximum drag on this little reel? It's been out of production for a few years. I've searched but cannot locate it anywhere on the internet.

alantani

rough rule of thumb without looking, figure an absolute maximum of 5 pounds of drag per drag washer inside the main gear, with a good working drag range of 2 pounds of drag per washer.  based on that, a jigmaster would have an absolute maximum drag of 15 pounds and a good working drag range of 6 pounds.  similarly, a 4/o senator would have an absolute max drag of 25 pounds and a good working drag range of 10 pounds.  this is just a rough guide, though.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!