Greetings everyone from NW Montana

Started by JohnInMontana, February 23, 2014, 03:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnInMontana

Hello everyone, my name is John and I live in Trout Creek, Montana for the last 33 years. After viewing the Forum here for quite some time I decided to join.I have found this is the most informative forum out there and is packed full of useful information . The knowledge and skills of its members is quite impressive . To my amazement  I find some better ways on doing things as I read the different topics .It offers me hours of endless reading which I enjoy.I have been a avid Hunter and Fisherman my whole life. As my age is increasing my Elk hunting days are over and Fishing dominates my life now.
My fishing is broad, from Trout to Shark. I could not even begin to tell you how many different fishing reels I own. My next purchase will be a Penn Senator 117L which I will be using this summer. I especially enjoy Saltwater Fishing as it has the largest species. My favorites are Tuna and Shark. Montana is so large of a state that from my house  I can be on the coast of Washington before I can be in Billings, Montana. I fish out of Westport , Washington for the month of August every year . Due to my location and distance traveling I own a 22' Angler Sport Fisher set up with a Cummins Diesel engine with a Bravo out-drive. That gives me a 400 mile cruise range and I can go pretty much anywhere I want to. I have Raymarine full electronics with Lowrance for backup. Standard Horizon Vhs and Icom ham radio due to the distances off shore and a handheld for backup. I also carry a handheld Garmen & Lowrance GPS for backup.  Also salt & fresh water wash down ,outriggers, down-riggers & bait-well. I lived back east ,and fished and boated up and down the East Coast before I move here and found the Northern Washington coast is the most treacherous waters I encountered which I give the up most respect  . I'm very safety conscious.If something happened at my age I would never reach the coast of Japan. In my younger days I would have loved the adventure. LOL.  If anyone want to do some fishing drop me a line. Have a good day All.  John N.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Welcome aboard John, why did you move from the East Coast, I would have liked being one of your friend, but I would have to see the boat first ;D
Enjoy your stay, you will like it here.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Bryan Young

Aloha John,

Thank you for joining.  Look forward to hearing more from you.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Irish Jigger

Shark Hunter

Welcome John in Montana!
The 14/0 is one of my Favorites. There is a guy on here named Tightlines666 that resides in Hawaii that does some killer 14/0 Builds for less than the price of new.

Here is the one I got from him.

Life is Good!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

jig-guy

Welcome from the Mojave Desert California. Bill

Tightlines667

Welcome.  Sounds like a sweet boat!  Diesel will definately give you added range, reliability, and decreased cost over time.  I like the portability factor.  Do you have a 16nm radar too, so you can outrun those squalls when your over the horizon in that smallish boat for offshore fishing though?  Shark Hunter, thanks for the continued kind words and plugs.  But honestly my reel service buisness has been so busy, I havn't had the time to work on the 7 upgrades/refurbs I've got back logged now.  I thought I'd have em done by the middle of this month but that time has come and passed.  Been working mostly on Tiagra and International 80s and a bunch of TLDs, Tyronos, Smaller LRSs, and a few 12 and 14/0s.  Again... welcome.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

SacFly

Welcome!  I spent a month in Montana trout fishing 20 years ago.  It's a tough place to leave.

Dominick

I always wanted to hunt whitetail in Montana.  Welcome.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.