daiwa 50H bearing replacement

Started by pullrachet, February 24, 2014, 09:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullrachet

I have 2 reels in need of new bearings. I read somewhere that they are fixed in the cap/sideplate? How do I remove them and should I get factory replacement bearings or some other like Boca etc? Thanks

Bryan Young

The bearings are peened in the holder.  It's easier to just replace the bearings with the cup and o-rings.  I have the parts if you need them.  PM me with your email address and I'll send you a paypal invoice for the bearings.

If you want them packed with grease or opened, cleaned and lubed with TSI before mailing them, I can do that too.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

LTM

Bryan,

I never got mine out of my 600h. When you say its easier to replace the bb and cup cause the bb is peened, what part is peened? Can you point to the peened portion in a picture when you get a chance. You also said to dremel the lip away, I take it that the lip is this peened portion? I would like to learn how to REMOVE the bearing.

Please advise,

Leo

Bryan Young

Looks like only one bearing is peened.  The other must be pressed in. In the past, both were peened.  See pic.  I tried to remove it in the past but it was much more cost effective to just replaced the assembly.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

madday

thanks bryan,

i am having the same problem with my 600H left bearing too...
so a set replacement it will be.... tried to tricked it all night long.... :D

Bryan Young

There are held in 4 places on both bearings.  Can you see the peening of the bearing so the bearing does not come out?