500s with red spool and tiburon frame

Started by maxpowers, February 26, 2014, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpowers

I picked up a 500s with the red aluminum spool from the longfin for $20 last weekend.  I put the red tiburon frame and the handle from a 501 i got recently.  installed a SS gear sleeve and Bryan's 5+1 drag in it.  Built it for my son as he loves red.

broschro

Good looking reel.how do you like the round handle grip? Thinking on putting one on my 501

DaBigOno

Very nice Max!  Something about a red spool...  :o

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

maxpowers

Quote from: broschro on February 26, 2014, 02:54:42 AM
Good looking reel.how do you like the round handle grip? Thinking on putting one on my 501

I like it.  I am ordering a red and silver one from Singapore to match this reel better.  I will probably drilled out the stock counter handle since it matched better with how my son will fish this reel.  The best part was the reel was in pristine condition on the inside.  I think it was fished in freshwater only.  Came with steel main gear which is a plus in my book.

Bryan Young

A beautiful reel.  Matches the blood that will be spilled as your son slays the beasts of the ocean.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Looks Good Max! Guess I need a frame for mine now. ;)
Life is Good!

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Is that the P21 Frame? Isn't the P20 for the regular Jigmaster 500. Educate me here. :P
Life is Good!

maxpowers

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 26, 2014, 10:28:35 AM
Is that the P21 Frame? Isn't the P20 for the regular Jigmaster 500. Educate me here. :P

It is a p20 frame.  Posting from my phone kinda messed up the sentence.  I used the handle from a 501 that I got a few weeks ago for $90.  The tiburon frame I purchased for my P338 but decided I like purple more ( ;P ).  Gave the red frame to my son.

Shark Hunter

Chowderpuff has p20 frames is Silver and Red for $65 shipped right now on the fleabay. I think that's a good deal. Picked me up one. ;)
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Nice looking reel. Should be a lot of fun with plenty of drag power.

stevennc

Looks great with the red spool. I really like the raised lettering on those jigmasters. My dad has one with the newell conversion.