DAIWA 600H BEARING REPLACEMENT

Started by LTM, February 26, 2014, 02:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTM

Didnt want to hijack the other thread completely.

http://alantani.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9921.0;attach=6212
Quote from: Bryan Young on February 25, 2014, 05:19:20 AM
Looks like only one bearing is peened.  The other must be pressed in. In the past, both were peened.  See pic.  I tried to remove it in the past but it was much more cost effective to just replaced the assembly.

Which one is peened? Bryan, I would like to know what quality of bb Im replacing with (ABEC5 or what) if I just replace the assembly. BTW, how do you get the assembly out also? How is it more cost effective to replace the assembly vs replace just the bearing? Your picture seems to reflect both bearings in their respective assemblies/cups, why?

Cant seem to be able to copy link to your picture Bryan!

Bryan Young

In probably 99 percent of the time, both bearings are peened.  See the pic below. 

I'm not sure what quality of bearings are used, but I know that out of all the reels that I service, I have replaced less Daiwa bearing than any other...and that is because that Sealine Series bearings are packed pretty good with grease unlike other I have seen.

It's much easier to just replace the bearing and the cups on both sides.  In the time you spend trying to get the bearing out, just spend the extra couple of dollars and get it with the cups.  The bearings are about $12 each.  With the cups, the are $13-$18 including a new o-ring.

This is different than the 900H where the spool bearing is adjacent to the spool. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

LTM

Bryan,

How do I remove the bearing caps, do they unscrew?

Leo

Bryan Young

Quote from: LTM on March 06, 2014, 04:59:14 AM
Bryan,

How do I remove the bearing caps, do they unscrew?

Leo
on the right sideplate, remove the of ring first then push inwards.  On the left sideplate just push inwards. I sometime have to place a socket on the cap to get leverage to get them out.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

Don't forget get a new "o" ring for each side Sometimes they crack or break
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

LTM