FISHING HATS/CAPS

Started by LTM, February 26, 2014, 03:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Karl, you never cease to amaze me.  Terrific job on that hat.  You make me jealous that I don't have talent for that stuff.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tunacious

Quote from: LTM on February 26, 2014, 03:57:18 PM
Folks,

Fred Hall fishing show comiing to my neck of the woods soon and was thinking about picking up some caps for fishing. The show provides the best selection I can find and try on my craninally endowed head (aka big head). I like both fishing hats AND caps, however I tend to find more caps sutible than hats. I also like to wear "Buff" brand head wear alone and under my head wear.  Whats your favorites and tell us price and where to get it and pictures if you got em!  Hope this proves interesting.

Thanks,

Leo

I've also got a cranially challenged issue when it comes to fishing hats. ;D Baseball caps don't come close to comfortably fitting. I purchased a large brimmed hat that will protect your face. The brim is much longer and wider than a baseball type hat. It has a lot of elastic so it will fit on your head  without cutting off the blood supply. :o  It also has a long cloth type material that surrounds the hat...it protects your neck - sides and back. There's a strap that you can tighten so as to keep it from blowing away when on the boat. I got this at my local fishing shop.

Mandelstam

If the weather is rough there is nothing that beats a "sydväst". I don't know if there is an English name for it. Literally means "southwest".

http://www.grundens.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=26&Itemid=80

"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Dominick

Karl I believe it is called a nor'easter.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Karl, I don't believe that there isn't anything that you couldn't do, very nice  ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wallacewt

dogs,hats,tomatoes,rods,boats,reels,etc;
we have come a long way since it started.
its all good ;)