Counter Balance Kranks Request

Started by maxpowers, February 27, 2014, 08:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpowers

Hi Keta,

I was wondering if you have any interest in making counter-balanced Kranks?  I find they are much more comfortable to use and much faster when throwing surface irons and yoyoing.

Thanks,
Mike

alantani

i make one for the tld 15 and another for the triton 100/200g series.  that's about all.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

maxpowers

I really like the Penn handle for the jigmaster.  I just wished it is .5 to 1 inch longer to really give you the leverage on the fish.

bluefish69

Max

The guys in NY are changing their reel handles on Newell's & other reels to Penn 24S-225 counter balanced handles. They have a large Rubber Grip. They are getting them from Scott's for about $20

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

maxpowers

Quote from: bluefish69 on February 27, 2014, 09:37:02 PM
Max

The guys in NY are changing their reel handles on Newell's & other reels to Penn 24S-225 counter balanced handles. They have a large Rubber Grip. They are getting them from Scott's for about $20

Mike

They are now $30 and you can only buy 1.  :(

Keta

They are drawn but I have trouble with rejects on the other ones.  Once I get the bugs worked out and keep from filling my scrap tub I'll cut a few.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Irish Jigger

bluefish69

I guess Scott caught on to us & raised the price. We had guys changing a lot of handles.

maxpowers

Quote from: bluefish69 on February 27, 2014, 09:56:38 PM
I guess Scott caught on to us & raised the price. We had guys changing a lot of handles.

Sorry I just checked again.  The chrome one is $30 and limited to 1 while the SS one are $20 and not limited.

Thanks,

Frank

Keta,

Will there be a choice of holes for mounting on the bridge sleeves? Newell, Jigmaster, 113H etc.?

Thanks,
Frank
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

maxpowers

Quote from: Frank on February 27, 2014, 10:42:10 PM
Keta,

Will there be a choice of holes for mounting on the bridge sleeves? Newell, Jigmaster, 113H etc.?

Thanks,
Frank

That would be sweet..

Keta

Quote from: Frank on February 27, 2014, 10:42:10 PM
Keta,

Thanks,
Frank

The hole would be an easy change as they are drawn.  I tried to get some arms lazer cut but the machine wasn't powerful enough to cut the .188 SS.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

bluefish69

Quote from: bluefish69 on February 27, 2014, 09:37:02 PM
Max

Mike

As you can see I said $20. Guess I didn't say Stainless Steel

DaBigOno

Quote from: Keta on February 27, 2014, 09:53:40 PM

They are drawn but I have trouble with rejects on the other ones.  Once I get the bugs worked out and keep from filling my scrap tub I'll cut a few.

Lee,

Please put me on the waiting list. 
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono