113h insert?

Started by broadway, June 08, 2010, 06:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Well guys I was on Pennparts getting an order ready and noticed a part for the 113h that I've never seen.  I've worked on and upgraded at least 2 dozen 113h's, and have never seen that part (15A-113H) in any of 'em.  I looked at the exploded diagram on Scott's but couldn't figure out where it went or what it does.  Anyone?  Thanks
Dom

Irish Jigger

I understand that it is only used as a "packer" on the older Penns to prevent the right side plate from collapsing when over tightening the bridge screw in way of the anti reverse paul.

broadway

It's strange Irish,  pennparts says the insert only works on the half frame (I think thats the newer ones,right?)  I'm not exactly clear on where it goes either, and Irish, who's paul? ;D
Dom

Irish Jigger

You are right Broadway,it's the newer Penns which had the right side plate moulded in a softer material and with a rebate in way of the lower bridge screw which gave the problem. When this screw was over tightened the dog was sometimes prevented from moving due to the softer side plate deforming. Penn actually provided a heavy duty dog spring to help overcome this problem. The problem was finally cured by fitting the insert.
Paul is a dog and a friend of Ratshit! ;) ;D

broadway

Now that makes good sense! Now that you put it that way, I have seen what your talking about with the old injection molding process however I never encountered a problem with the one I played with.  Say HI to ratshit and the rest of the boys :D  Thanks Jigger
Dom