My Project

Started by Lund17, February 05, 2014, 07:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lund17

[/img]Hey Guys: I just found this site and could use some help rebuilding this reel I got at a flee market. I think its a Japanese knock off of a 112h Senator. I don't have much to go on for information, just its looks. I was hoping some real Penn parts will fit. I know the drag washers need changing. I do appreciate any help and info to get it working well again. Thanks.

maxpowers

I like it.  beefy yoke and steel gears.  For the drag, you can fabricate your own if they are not available.  Not sure about the sleeve though as I have never seen one of those and the teeth looked worn down.

Ron Jones

I think your best bet woulb be to see if a Jigmaster sleeve would fit and then get a new handle. Other than that and CF drags you should be good putting it together with Alans 113H tutorial.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Lund17

Hey thanks. I will look into Alans 113. I just have 3 drag washers on mine and was thinking of ordering them from Penn but I want to be sure if they will fit.

Ron Jones

There is a thread on here that has the ID and OD of many popular drag disks, or you can call Dawn at smoothdrag.com.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

maxpowers

i am not sure a jigmaster sleeve would fit as the oem looked square all around.  also the retaining pin may not be in theright location.

alantani

you will need a set of calipers to measure the inside diameter, the outside diameter, the thickness of the drag washers, then match them up to something on this list.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=21.0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Lund17

Thanks Alan. I really do thank you for the help. Its a good start to get going. I was just going to put it back together after getting the washers, but now I 'am looking at getting a new handle and bridge and sleave also.

alantani

it will be hard to find parts for this reel.  perhaps even impossible.  a drag upgrade is probably the best you will be able to do.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

I don't know,
I have a "MADE IN JAPAN" 209 clone and everything crosses over except the handle because it is square, I put a brass Penn sleeve on it and it fit fine, I'd bet it would work.

Lund17,
I have several brass sleeves in good shape. If you want to try I'll be happy to send you one with a handle that will fit. Send me a PM.

Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Lund17

I've added a couple more pics to have a better look at the sleeve. I have to say that it froze up when I went fishing last week in Cuba. When I took it apart there wasn't any lube in it at all. My bad. 

Lund17

Well, I've finally finished My Project. Its all back together and working again. Its been very beneficial to have all this help from you guys. Thanks. Looking forward to trying it out on some nasty Salmon. Right now I am going to look for a new project to help pass the time during the winter months. Cheers.