What, exactly, is a Penn "99"?

Started by Aiala, March 01, 2014, 09:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Certainly not up to par with Aiala and her awesome 99......but here is another 99 in disguise, with stock 500s sideplates and stock Penn spacer bars.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

RowdyW

Ted, have you figured out yet what the Penn part no. is for the spacer bars? They must be from another Penn reel. I'm very curious.            Rudy

broadway

Only you could find one of those, Ted!... wonder if it was a reel Penn was entertaining to put in production with those spacer bars included like the 500.
Sweet find,
Dom

Alto Mare

Spacer bars could be cut from the 500 if you have the tools, what amuses me is the spool.
Only Ted could have a 99 spool in red ::).
Gorgeous reel! ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Quote from: RowdyW on December 17, 2016, 10:57:23 PM
Ted, have you figured out yet what the Penn part no. is for the spacer bars? They must be from another Penn reel. I'm very curious.            Rudy

Yes Rudy, the bars on this one come from a international 12H....both are the plain "backside" bars

Ron Jones

That is cool, 99 bars that we didn't know about. Need to make an Albacore Special with the new SS base and those bars.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

twotone

Ted is right.

I didn't even notice.

Thx Max fraken!

twotone

mo65

Very clever Ted! It's amazing how many options are around to make a reel a "99"...it is definitely a popular size. I love the ol' Silver Beach 99. Some "99"s got lost in the shuffle, like this 309, a "99" with levelwind! 8)

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

twotone

LongBeach 99 , with low gears 2.5:1 .

LB60 with 65 spools and 99 seat/posts.

Thank you Randy Pauly for the Newell parts.

tone
twotone

Maxed Out

.....yaaaawn, just another 99 jigmaster, but the custom acrylic Knob from Lou sets it apart from the rest  8) 8)

Rancanfish

Ok, what are the bars?  Original Jiggy or 980?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Maxed Out

Hi Randy, good to have you around again, hope you are doing better.

The spacer bars are a stock part....Penn 12h international bars....both are the "plain" backside bars.

Maxed Out

Just when you think you've seen every Jiggy imaginable.......another 99 comes along  ;D ;D

Alto Mare

That is crazy Ted, had to put my sunglasses on to take a closer look...very cool!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelhead_killer

I was about to ask where Ted has been....now we know!

><)))">