What, exactly, is a Penn "99"?

Started by Aiala, March 01, 2014, 09:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Quote from: RowdyW on March 08, 2016, 08:59:28 PM
The 113 & 113h use identical stands & have 3 holes on each side. (30-113)

You're right Rudy, the stand I was referring to was the 112 stand, not the H model. The standard 112 3/0 tales a 3 hole stand and is wider than 112H. I forgot the 112H is a narrowed 112.

The standard 112 is the exact same seat as a 113 & 113H, just stamped with different number

Sorry for the confusion. Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

broschro

:-\ OK the 112h stand will fit correct?

RowdyW

Maxed Out

Love them 99's. It's like a sickness, and the only cure is building another  :D :D

Ted

steelhead_killer

Quote from: Maxed Out on August 28, 2016, 04:50:38 PM
Love them 99's. It's like a sickness, and the only cure is building another  :D :D

Ted

I give up! Just how long have you been collecting and building? 

:o ???

Andy
><)))">

Rancanfish

He's only been at it about a month, Andy.   ;D ;D ;D ;D   Just kidding, I have no idea. 

I have no intention of trying to compete with his collection ever.  Just a couple of his models trump all mine together quality wise.

And he fishes too!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Maxed Out

Quote from: steelhead_killer on August 28, 2016, 05:20:01 PM
Love them 99's. It's like a sickness, and the only cure is building another  :D :D

Ted

I give up! Just how long have you been collecting and building?

:o ???

Andy

About 9 months Andy.  ;D ;D Randy Pauly gets the credit for many of those 99's, or at least some of the tougher components. :D

How else does a person find NOS accurate parts ?? Next on the list is a red 505 narrowed to 99 width....thanks to Randy Pauly. He is the dream maker for the "reel" world.  ;)

Ted

thorhammer

Ted

Dammit Ted I can't unsee this. picture ...I am slowly putting together a package to build out that gift you sent...

Aiala

Remember that unheard-of pink 99 Accuframe Ted sent me? Well, he just sent me a matching rod clamp, can you believe it??  :D

Regrettably, though, Ted says it's such a unique reel now that I really shouldn't fish with it... drat. :(

Still, there's no downside to owning a one-of-a-kind colored 99... even if it is a shelfie.  ;)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

David Hall

I'd have to fish it at least one time before it retires.

thorhammer

Quote from: Aiala on November 09, 2016, 11:08:06 PM
Remember that unheard-of pink 99 Accuframe Ted sent me? Well, he just sent me a matching rod clamp, can you believe it??  :D

Regrettably, though, Ted says it's such a unique reel now that I really shouldn't fish with it... drat. :(

Still, there's no downside to owning a one-of-a-kind colored 99... even if it is a shelfie.  ;)

~A~

Snap!    A, you HAVE to put some pink Ande on  and burn it in on your trip. THEN you can shelve it.

Maxed Out

No surprise Aiala has the rarest 99 you ever laid eyes on. I think that clamp was born with that reel and somehow got separated along the way only to find it's way back home. You'll grow old and grey trying to duplicate that sweet 99.

Ted

broadway

Sweet reel, Aiala! That is right up your colorful alley. ;)
You need a handle grasp from Lou for that... it would be even more of a show stopper than it already is.
Only you could find that clamp, Ted 8)
Thanks for showing,
Dom

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!