My first tank aka ironman!!

Started by Topshot, March 02, 2014, 12:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Nice color combination Chris, thanks for sharing. Did you install the second dog?
Quote from: BMITCH on March 02, 2014, 12:22:04 PM
Whatever he paid for the 9/0 was worth it. He got the mustard bottle ;D
Was it full or empty? It doesn't really matter. If it was empty, fill it with  penn blue, it will keep nice for a while ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broschro

Just remember this everyone, if you grind your aluminum side plates for Double dogs, make sure you coat the place you grind out or it will fill up with corrosion >:(

BMITCH

Great point Jamie. I need to take my accurate/500 apart and make sure it's coated at the ground down point.
Thanks, Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Topshot

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 02, 2014, 01:56:08 PM
Nice color combination Chris, thanks for sharing. Did you install the second dog?
Quote from: BMITCH on March 02, 2014, 12:22:04 PM
Whatever he paid for the 9/0 was worth it. He got the mustard bottle ;D
Was it full or empty? It doesn't really matter. If it was empty, fill it with  penn blue, it will keep nice for a while ;D
I haven't added the second dog yet. I'm still waiting for 2 stainless dogs. And then I'm gonna have to figure out how to grind the plate out. I've never done a double dog install before
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

Page 4 of Sal's tank thread shows some aluminum plate grinding. I would do a couple regular double dogs on the plastic plates before I would attempt this. If it were me, I would just send it to Sal. ;)
Life is Good!

gstours

Hey dude, pass the mustard.   great job on your reel parts, should work good too,  let me know how the insert works for you, I,m a little joulous , but time will heal that. quit wishin, just go fishin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gst.  I will mill your sidplate for the second dog like I did mine, if you want, takes 2 weeks turn around time,  see attatched photo.

anyway its an offer, wouldnt cost much, make a great Iron Tanker!!!!!!    gst.

DaBigOno

Very nice work gst!

I like the design of the spring, looks really heavy duty!!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Bryan Young

Sweet Gary.  I've been meaning to do that for my ProGear 545s.  I am also looking at a way I can add a ARB on the gear sleeve as well.  It can be done...I know it, but just time and money...both of which I do not have. :P
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D