My first tank aka ironman!!

Started by Topshot, March 02, 2014, 12:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topshot

Well this is my first tank build. I wanted to do something a little different the others I've seen. 113h with narrow tiburon frame and spool, jvariance sideplates, keta krank, aftermarket handle. I'm just waiting on my BP gears and ss dogs to arrive. I also have one of ketas octogon inserts to run with the gear set. I hope for somewhere around 35 pounds of drag.

Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

johndtuttle

Tightlines667

Nice job!  That is one sweet looking reel!  I just picked up a set of Gold JVariance sideplates to go w/my black topless tib frame. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Topshot

Quote from: Tightlines666 on March 02, 2014, 12:45:49 AM
Nice job!  That is one sweet looking reel!  I just picked up a set of Gold JVariance sideplates to go w/my black topless tib frame. 
I really like the sideplates. They come with the Allen head screws which is a big plus to me
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

john2244

DaBigOno

That's pretty sweet Chris!

Glad you stuck with it.  I know how hard you worked procuring parts, but in the end you gained your reward.

I like the theme "Ironman"     :)
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Dominick

That is one pretty reel.  Thanks for the photos.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

Very,very nice reel. I like the colors. Where's the mustard? ::)
luck is the residue of design.

Cone

That is a purty reel ya got there.  ;)  Now ya need to break it in.
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Topshot

Quote from: BMITCH on March 02, 2014, 02:09:22 AM
Very,very nice reel. I like the colors. Where's the mustard? ::)
Daron is the new official proud owner of the mustard bottle. He got it with his purchase of my 9/0 lol
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

That's right! The coveted Mustard Bottle is all mine! ;)
That IronMan is Awesome! Chris. You are in the cool club now. 8)
Life is Good!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

Whatever he paid for the 9/0 was worth it. He got the mustard bottle ;D
luck is the residue of design.

Newell Nut

Very nice looking tank job. Hope you hook some big ones with it when you test it.