Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Quote from: happyhooker on January 09, 2021, 08:20:16 PM
Quote from: Maxed Out on January 09, 2021, 02:42:17 AM
Nice one Gregg

There should be a generation called the "Zebco generation" anyone with a pulse and is over 50 years old had to have had a Zebco in thier younger days

So, that's why my cardiologist is always giving me a funny look.

Like to see how the Johnson warranty would work today.  I think Pure Fishing has the rights to Johnson fishing tackle these days; they usually farm out all repair/parts questions and don't make any Johnson reels as far as I know.  The original Johnson "factory" in Mankato still stands, acting as a manufactory/shipping point for MinnKota.

Frank
[/quote

Yeah, gone are the days... Johnson Park, huh?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

Quote from: gstours on January 10, 2021, 01:38:16 AM
   Nice,  very nice reels.  Thanks for the photos .   The good old days. ;)   

Yup. Thank God for eBay, antique/2nd hand stores, church bazaars and yard sales.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

Quote from: Crow on January 10, 2021, 02:41:15 AM
You have some pretty neat stuff, there, Greg !

Thanks, Arlen. "neat" goes with these reels. How 'bout "Neato"! Haven't used that one in about 50yrs.

Gfish

Quote from: foakes on January 10, 2021, 04:53:17 AM
Very nice reels, Greg —

All are some of my best friends!

Best, Fred

Thank you buddy. Mine too!
The Card., MG 300, Z-33, Century100B and DAM 330 Finessa were all reels I wanted as kid, but never got, and it took awhile before I finally got the 300. Come to think of it, I never did get the MG 408 I also coveted...

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Gfish on January 10, 2021, 04:59:45 AM
Quote from: Midway Tommy on January 10, 2021, 04:35:44 AM
Greg, the bail will flip over & lay flat on all the fulcrum brake Cardinals, too. It helps to keep the bail from getting bent, also.

You are correct sir! Hope everything's going good smack dab in the middle of the country for you Tommy. Had a nice day out at the beach today with all the room and parking choices, with very few tourists around. I miss my in-law family though. They're trying to kill my daughter & son-in-law, nurses in the Riverside(So-Cal) area for Kaiser. Both hero's to me now, with lot's of horror stories and on the verge of burn-out. Their hospitals are lookin like N.Y.'s were awhile back with the bodies piling-up. And the Grandchild will be 2 in Feb., I gotta SEND him his kids learning-Mickey Mouse themed spincaster combo.

Things are peachy keen here. Weather's not too bad. Saving lots of money since there's nothing much to do.   :D

FYI, the Cardinal bail flips over to the side opposite the handle. It lays flatter that way and when you collapse the handle it's compact

Those kids are troopers and need to be commended! Send them our appreciation!  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oc1

Quote from: Midway Tommy on January 10, 2021, 05:35:58 AM
Those kids are troopers and need to be commended! Send them our appreciation!  8)

For sure.  They must be as tough as nails.  You make good stock.

Oh, reels....  I'm not big on reading the fine print but it was fun to read the 714 pamphlet.  Especially the pep talk about UL spinning and about how great their drag works with one teflon washer.  Thank you.
-steve

Sharkb8

Nice reels there Greg some great finds

Kim

Gfish

Quote from: oc1 on January 10, 2021, 06:37:48 AM
Quote from: Midway Tommy on January 10, 2021, 05:35:58 AM

For sure.  They must be as tough as nails.  You make good stock.

Well, the young lady has none of my genes. Notice how she's vamping for the camara. I call them the Asian Ken & Barbie. They have reams of these types of photos of themselves. Maybe I should be their modeling agent. Really though, I wish they could live a spoiled Ken & Barbie So-Cal life-style right now, rather than going through what they have to. It builds character, but I worry about the possibility of any psychological scars
Here's a better one.

foakes

Beautiful couple, Greg —

I have a lot of respect and admiration for what they are doing —

We are now in the 13th month of 2020 — with likely another 9-12 months to go before things ease up a little.

But we will be changed forever  — there will be no return to "normal".

Everything will be different — much good, some not so good — but a radically different lifestyle then we had expected.

Change & adjustment...

Everyone please stay safe & smart.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oc1

Quote from: Gfish on January 11, 2021, 01:17:11 AM
Notice how she's vamping for the camara.
Yeah, with the three-finger scouting symbol.

I will do my best to be honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do, and to respect myself and others, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Girl Scout.

We can do the Boy Scouts too if you want.
-s

thorhammer

Greg- great stuff you got there- I'm glad to see this thread picked back up. It's one of my favorites, and sits idle for long periods these days. I keep after Daron to give us an updated shot since his first picture. I'm pretty sure it's no longer a picture of one table of stuff. I need to get some on here myself.

Penn Chronology

Since this is a Show Your Collection page, I figure I could show the newest addition to my collection. I have been very busy with work, Facebook, Orca and Volume II that is nearing completion, so I have not been posting much here, especially since the down time this site had to endure. I am very glad we are back.

This reel was sent to me from a friend I have in Australia. They are very hard to find and I have posted it on Facebook and Orca, so this may be redundant but here it is anyway. These cut away models are tough to find and hand done at the factory. I feel lucky to have acquired this reel.

Sharkb8

broadway

Fine example of a cutaway, Mike.
Did you say volume 2?? 8)
Tell us more please.
Thanks bud
Dom

mo65

Quote from: broadway on February 28, 2021, 12:35:24 PM
Did you say volume 2?? 8)

Eagerly awaiting...much of my Penn reel collection wasn't covered in the first edition. There are many Penn milestones that happened after 1957, I'm betting volume 2 will be awesome. That's a fantastic cutaway Mike! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~