Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 23, 2019, 05:19:10 AM
Ok John Boy.
I will take a picture of every reel I own, only if you do the same.
Challenge accepted!

yay !! this is getting interesting, Im going for the popcorn cuz I know you both guys will post tons of pics to show all the inventory  :D

Quote from: Swami805 on February 26, 2018, 03:37:50 AM
Getting all my gear organized as we're fixing to sell our house. Here's a picture of the Newell collection. i think that's all of them but a few more may crop up, I'm only a few layers deep in the tackle room. Sheridan
Compa, amigo, now wonder you toll me the newell bug bit me with just 3 reels(in another thread), you are a lost case of Newell-itis

great collection, I dont recall seeing this post before
The Baja Guy

thorhammer

Quote from: steelfish on January 24, 2019, 05:15:43 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 23, 2019, 05:19:10 AM
Ok John Boy.
I will take a picture of every reel I own, only if you do the same.
Challenge accepted!

yay !! this is getting interesting, Im going for the popcorn cuz I know you both guys will post tons of pics to show all the inventory  :D

My Brother in Ky and I had a discussion and aligned for the sake of sanity to put some boundaries on this exercise, since there is only so much time lol.

Quote from: Swami805 on February 26, 2018, 03:37:50 AM
Getting all my gear organized as we're fixing to sell our house. Here's a picture of the Newell collection. i think that's all of them but a few more may crop up, I'm only a few layers deep in the tackle room. Sheridan
Compa, amigo, now wonder you toll me the newell bug bit me with just 3 reels(in another thread), you are a lost case of Newell-itis

great collection, I dont recall seeing this post before

Shark Hunter

Hold off on that popcorn Ese.
My wife blew her knee out and I'm playing Mr. Mom for a while.
She has waited on me hand and foot for 30 years. I owe her some payback.
The time will come. ;)
Life is Good!

thorhammer

oh crap! My best to the Mrs.!!!!!!  Hopefully not too badly.

1badf350

Daron best wishes to the Mrs,

Now back on topic

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

broadway

D,Hope it's a quick recovery for your better half.  We know you'll take good care of her... we see how you take care of your reels so I think it's safe to say she'll be getting the best of treatment.

Chris, I've seen a bunch of reels you've purchased in the past year and I can say undoubtedly, that ain't all of 'em, lol.
I'll post a new one soon, but I have a few reels coming my way now that I would like to add before I photograph them.
All the best,
Dom

1badf350

Can't wait to see what you got man!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

steelfish

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 06, 2019, 08:17:09 AM
Hold off on that popcorn Ese.
My wife blew her knee out and I'm playing Mr. Mom for a while.
She has waited on me hand and foot for 30 years. I owe her some payback.
The time will come. ;)

thats sounds not fun amigo, reels and fishing can wait, you're a good guy, take care of the Mrs.
The Baja Guy

Dominick

Nice Chris.  Darin, take care of the missus.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Gadget

Gfish the old Alvey is a bomb proof surf reel and can pack on a mile of line If you want to get real inventive I've seen guys here using them on the beach together with a compressed air mortar.fires an attached plug and a 12 oz snapper lead about 400 plus meters out.you can then use a slide bait or just make sure your bait is firmly secured before you fire it. This was out at Point Malcolm on the Great Australian Bight.They were landing 20lb plus snapper and big gummy sharks off the beach using that rig.Was a sight to behold
A bad days fishing is better than a good day in the office

Shark Hunter

I would like to see a cannon shoot 400 meters. My Kayak would be History. ;)
Thanks for the wishes guys. She went to her first therapy session today and is doing great!
Ohana Power is Amazing. ;D
Life is Good!

Gfish

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 07, 2019, 05:15:12 AM
I would like to see a cannon shoot 400 meters. My Kayak would be History. ;)
Thanks for the wishes guys. She went to her first therapy session today and is doing great!
Ohana Power is Amazing. ;D

Thanks Gadget!
Heck Daron, they probably got some kinda law against it here...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

1badf350

you guys sure know how to derail a thread.....  :D
-Chris

AC49

All the best Daron !!

Here are a few of my 49A reels from oldest 1951/2 to 1980's

Regards
AC49

Penn Chronology

QuoteHere are a few of my 49A reels from oldest 1951/2 to 1980's

That is a very impressive bunch of 49A's. Do any of the reels have the "A" molded into the logo like this?