Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Sweet set of reels there John boy

The blue/silver yts in the middle is missing o-rings on the shifter. You testing my eyesight ??....nice try lol.....I'll toss some in your parcel next week
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

thorhammer

Quote from: broadway on April 30, 2019, 01:27:16 AM
That's a sweet pile of aluminum ya got there, John...  I notice you always go for the ice blue and silver, and now I see the results.
Good eye bro,
Dom
PS- love those Maxed Out handles too
PPS- Grab one of Sal's too, they are beautiful and fully functional

Ok folks it's been three months and I know dang well some people are building collections!!! let's see it!! This is one of my favorite threads!!

Dom- I have a few from Sal, including this massive one he made me to match my Harnell build for the 16/0..

Ted, just didn't get the O-rings on yet...

broadway

John, that is one classy handle with some great coloring that looks nice on that monster.
Enjoy that handle and that sweet Harnell.
Love those rods,
Dom

Bill B

Sweeeeeet reel brother...love tha handle...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Darin Crofton

What a beast, John, and the knob looks awesome on that old classic!!!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

thorhammer

Thanks, folks! Obviously Sal made the handle, and the 16/0 was a birthday present from my wife (through Daron who bought it from Dan Hermann, and held it out of sight, lol). I've had that Harnell 15 years and finally started the rebuild when I got the reel- two years ago. I still have the butt wrap left to do, but it will wait until the winter prolly- I have overdue builds for Mike (Wally15) and Steelheel. Life has had some interesting turns in the last year but slowly digging out- haven't built a reel in months, I think. HarryK, MY MAN, sent me a box of Gudebrod unobtanium thread a few months ago, and in it was a spool of green that is very close to the Harnell classic dark green color- and spot on Sal's grip. I will integrate into the diamond wrap with the green / gold trimar used for the guides.

Has anyone heard from Dan? I know he was busy with new house and kids but he hasn't been on in four months or so...good dude.

broadway

Sounds like you made an Ohana collaborative rod and reel combo... very cool!
Dan is a great dude,  it he's probably really busy with that new home and his family.
He said he had some work to do on the home, but Dan will be back when he has the time... he fit here too well not to.
Keep it up, John!
Dom

Donnyboat

Hi John, thats a great set up, I send jokes to Dan from time to time, he always asks how we are keeping, never complains, so I guess he is fine, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Penn Chronology

My collection is idling these days. I am very careful not to accumulate too many more possessions at this time in my life.  But every now and then certain events happen. The passing of a friend or events that change a person's life. We are simply custodians of these special items, so I feel there is an important time when special collectibles get passed on. Two of these special items have been passed to me and are now part of my preservation hobby. One was Ray Hodges, Edward vom Hofe, Commander Ross 14/0 (which is actually larger and heavier than a Penn 16/0 Senator) and a special experimental color reel that was culled from the experimental pack and saved by Martha Henze Egly. This one off tan Penn Spinfisher 716 now resides with me. These two reels are at extreme opposite ends of the fishing spectrum but both are very significant historical pieces.

54bullseye

A couple of nice reels Mike !!!  Glad you got them !   John Taylor

Crow

I love the color on the Penn !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Nice Mike thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

mo65

Thanks for sharing those Mike! Two fantastic pieces of fishing reel history, the kind of stuff that makes a reel guy's jaw slap the floor. I love my tan 722z, always thought it was odd no other model shared the color. Makes me wonder what else is out there to discover! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Darin Crofton

Beautiful reels, Mike, thanks for sharing the great pics and history!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

broadway

Mike, I'm very happy to see you got Ray's commander ross all squared away. It's a nice reminder of a good man and a good friend.
That 716 is the shizznit! ...and the display is a beauty too!
Thanks for showing
Dom