Leather thumb drag/protection on a 113h Tank

Started by Mandelstam, April 11, 2014, 11:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandelstam

Quote from: Robert Janssen on April 15, 2014, 02:21:28 PM
Karl, you ARE aware that snaps, flush rivets and similar are easily available from places like Clas Ohlson, Panduro, Olsson's Tyger and so on..?  If you are interested, i mean.

I know Robert! ;) You know, it took me a long while to figure you out as a fellow Swede...

I just meant that Dom has to rivet it in place himself as it's his reel ;).

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 15, 2014, 10:00:24 AM
It shows you're an Architect ;D, very nice Karl. Maybe you could use a stainless sex-bolt instead of a rivet, just in case you want to remove it or get in there to clean it.

About the (sex-)bolts, it's a good idea, I just have to find the right nut and bolt that wont be too bulky.. Maybe a button head and a domed nut on top?

"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Mandelstam

Quote from: Keta on April 15, 2014, 03:06:11 PM
http://www.mcmaster.com/#sex-nuts/=rjqmac

Too bad these sell buy the 100
http://www.mcmaster.com/#sex-nuts/=rjqmin

These might work.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#sex-nuts/=rjqnio

Thanks, Lee! They look promising! You have to shim them with some washers to reach the right thickness though.
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Mandelstam

Ok, time to start working! The sex bolt (thought that was a typo first...) seems to be the way to go! Thanks for the help guys!

Will just make the final drawing and find my old glass jar of vinegaroon! :) This cow and goat are going to have a real close relationship pretty soon.

Irish Jigger

Looking forward to seeing the finished product Karl.
I know I won't be disappointed.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Irish Jigger on April 15, 2014, 01:35:16 PM
It might get hot enough without the sex- bolt sal ;)
;D ;D
You know, I've always seen those listed as sex-bolts, McMasters has them listed as sex-nuts :-[ ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Mandelstam

Experimenting with some pattern embossing of the leather. Some scrap piece of expanded metal. Looks interesting! Almost scaly.. :) Though I think that the thin goatskin won't hold the pattern for very long. We'll see.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Mandelstam on April 16, 2014, 04:00:16 PM
Experimenting with some pattern embossing of the leather. Some scrap piece of expanded metal. Looks interesting! Almost scaly.. :) Though I think that the thin goatskin won't hold the pattern for very long. We'll see.

a lot of talent on this site. how i wish you AT Sal Bryan Y. Keta, to name a few, are my next door neighbors...:)

Dominick

Has anyone heard from Karl.  He seems to have dropped off of the radar.  I hope he is okay.  Karl if you are monitoring the site please check in.  Are there any Swedes that are near Karl?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

I haven't seen him around either Dominick. I posted a picture over the weekend of all my Shark Rigs for him. I know he has a thing for them. :P
Life is Good!

Dominick

I hope he is not in a funk like when the sun does not shine for long periods of time.  He sounds like a good guy.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Keta

Quote from: Dominick on May 13, 2014, 07:59:31 PM
I hope he is not in a funk like when the sun does not shine for long periods of time.  He sounds like a good guy.  Dominick

I don't think it works like that for Scandinavians, I lived in Ketchikan for years and not seeing the sun for months never bothered me.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Irish Jigger

Our Norwegian friends, hafnor and paal are conspicuous by their absence too.

broadway

I agree, they all seem to be disappearing.  Paal and his wife (Heidi) met up with Kim and I in the early fall for a couple nice meals and some touring time.  Ever since then he's been off the air.
I pm'd him a few months ago and he said he's been very busy, but how could you be so busy that you leave all of us? :(
Don't know about the others. ???
Dom