photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

gstours

Thanks for the pictures,  I agree this old man and the sea is suitable for framing.  Now Photo o de Month. ::)

alantani

obviously......   ;D

Quote from: Aiala on November 26, 2020, 06:42:17 PM
Returned yesterday from my ROYAL STAR 11-day Island Tackle trip. Great weather (lucky), good eats (standard), fantastic crew (as always). Fish-wise, I managed to score several bruiser Alijos YTs, a limit of small-but-numerous YFTs, assorted bottom-grabbers, and my real prize, this 71-lb beast I was lucky enough to troll up:

Of course, I can't wait to get back out there next year. For now, I wish the entire Ohana a very Happy (if unusual) Thanksgiving!  :D

~A~

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Donnyboat

Yes we agree, great fish, nice smiles, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

alantani

Quote from: El Pescador on January 10, 2021, 12:59:48 PM
Don sent this photo and email message - I asked if I was able to post it, Don said, "Go right ahead!!!"  

Donnyboat

Thanks Alan, this fish did not have blue teeth, like that one about two months ago that we caught, this one`s teeth were all there sound  long, made for crushing most shells & crustations, note the white chin, ball chin groper, or blue bone groper, they are a really good fish to eat, on a par with the Dhu fish  coral trout, very slippery when they come out of the water, this one also had the molti colours in his eye, amazing, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

oc1

Nice one Don.  Do your coral trout carry Ciguatera?
-steve

alantani

muy bueno!!!!

Quote from: steelfish on February 07, 2021, 05:24:53 AM

dont blame me but I also use a musky rod  as an inshore rod, I actually liked it that much that I rebuilt a factory one with my personal touch as you can see in the link.

Donnyboat

Nice fish, handy rod, Steve, sorry I missed your question, about the ciguatera in the coral trout, fish dont get cigutera on the West side of Australia, only over East, I dont know much about it, some one else may chime in, I think the larger fish get it, over there, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

nelz

Quote from: steelfish on February 07, 2021, 05:24:53 AMdont blame me but I also use a musky rod  as an inshore rod, I actually liked it that much that I rebuilt a factory one with my personal touch as you can see in the link.

A while back I used a Shimano Compre musky spinning rod to jig up amberjack and cobia. Worked great!  ;D

This AJ somehow lost the rest of its body though, lol.

Rivverrat

Guys a musky blank or rod is extremely useful.  I am not a St. Croix fan boy. However St. Croix's glass Musky rods are some of the best rods for their rated class ever made. Please note the  ratings as listed on these rods is a stretch. They are a bit heavier than their graphite counterparts. What you are getting is a completed rod that weighs less than say a United Composites unfinished, bare blank that will fish the same line class. In reality to compare them isnt really fair to either company. Completely two different animals.

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on February 07, 2021, 05:41:36 AM
muy bueno!!!!

thanks Boss, btw it was "MAS Bueno" the next day as Ceviche !!  Sierra is one of the best fish for ceviche
The Baja Guy

gstours

Good picture der buddy,  and Photo o de munth,  dats waay good...... ;D   

the rockfish ninja

Nice shot Steelfish.

... and I thought I was one of the few that used a Musky rod for inshore. MY St Croix musky has been my go-to for jetty plugging for rockfish & lings for many seasons.  The ability to fling artificials so easily and the rigidity to keep fish from going back into the rocks make the design perfect for it.
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

thorhammer

Nice one Alex! I've used musky rods for a long, long time- with 310's, 6500/7000's, Mag 10's, and still do. Was I supposed to just look at diamond jigs, bucktails and Hopkin's as surf lures and wait til "jigging rods" came out in the 2000's???? not hardly....

My fav was a Lamiglas, which was broken caused by people not putting things back properly. I was able to repurpose the handle, tho.