photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: norcal pescador on November 30, 2011, 03:45:04 PM
Alan, did you see the red fiber washer under the main gear? Maybe Sal should be flogged for not having a C-F washer there. ;D ;) ;D

What red washer? Oh, you must be talking about that carbon washer loaded with red dust from  me shaving the plate ;D.
Rob, I'm still laughing over that email  ;D ;D
Later bro. Heading back to work.

Quote from: alantani on November 30, 2011, 04:43:43 PM
i thought it was actually quite clever.  the work was clean and precise.  it showed an excellent understanding of the problems faced by some of these older reels, and the man came up with a solution!  "better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Thanks Alan.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

QuoteWhat red washer? Oh, you must be talking about that carbon washer loaded with red dust from  me shaving the plate ;D.
Sure, Sal. That's what I'm talking about. ::) You must have masked off or cleaned all of the other parts, right? :D :D

That email is sadly true, isn't it?
Later bud.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

broadway

It definitely deserves photo of the month!

...and Rob, I didn't notice that, but now that you mentioned it... what's up wit dat, Sal?! ... must just be red dust from the shaved down side plate  ;)
Dom

Bryan Young

Wow, I was wondering how I could do that in my infinite time.  Thanks for the direction.  I think I'm gonna try it sometime.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

pretty damned clever!

Quote from: inhotpursuit on December 11, 2011, 10:52:58 PM
Great tutorial SD the cardiff is really underated add ceramic bearings and carbontex and you have a damn good reel, here's another tip, to add a bearing to the drive shaft instead of the plastic bushing you need a 5x8x2.5 flanged bearing carefully grind down the edge, then you will need to hone out the bearing well using a fine stone on a rotary tool be carefull you only need to remove the powdercoat, this improves the smoothness of the reel considerably.if any one would like a bearing pm me with your address i have a few spare ones and will mail one to you free.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

you know, it's nice to see a young man on the right track!

alantani

very clever!    http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3167.0

Quote from: Killerbug on December 16, 2011, 02:46:03 AM
My cogwheel started screaming, last outing. This usually means some lube. A few years back I made myself a tool to help me getting it of: A fork, cut/break off the middle teeth, and bend the outer ones 90 degrees (see picture). Now you have a nifty tool to pull the cogwheel of.

Michael

This is originally a posting from Esoxhunt, that I would like to share.

alantani

sorry, couldn't pass this one up!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Alto Mare

I knew I should have taken a shower first, when I came home ;D. Thanks anyway, Alan.
The reel is holding 25lb of drag with ease and I'm sure that I can push it close to 30lb. The only part that I'm skeptical about is the aluminum spool, but, I will be putting one together with the metal spool. Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

someone has been busy!

Alan, I forgot to include a pic of my (semi) finished work.  See the pic of my plethora of Penn reels attached. J

113HLW, Anniversary Edition, Black Tiburon

113H, Topless Tiburon, Black Tiburon Topless

113H, Topless Tiburon, Black Tiburon Topless

113H, Newell Spool, Red Tiburon

500, Newell Spool, Gold Tiburon

113H, Tiburon YTS Kit, Stainless yoke, 4-1 gears (Newell), custom billet star drag wheel, accurate 6-shooter handle, etc.

505, Black Tiburon

Sincerely,

~Aaron

alantani

gonna need a 12-step detox program......

alantani

....  is another man's treasure.

Quote from: Makule on February 07, 2012, 04:41:29 AM

Here's some of the old stuff.  Probably all needing repair (which is why they're in the cabinet drawer).  I don't know where my good wife put all of the other reels (there were quite a few).  I don't think she's sold them.... yet.

wallacewt

makule send them off to sal(alto mare)
some of them look to old to vote :D :D

Makule

Why would I want to send my treasures away to sal?  People should send me theirs.

Quote from: wallacewt on February 07, 2012, 06:23:15 AM
makule send them off to sal(alto mare)
some of them look to old to vote :D :D
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Jimmer

Makule  - I have some various Ocean City parts -gears, springs etc. let me know if you need something, I'll see if I have it . All NOS parts. I think I have them all listed in a PDF I could post if you or anyone else are interested . all small internal parts - no spools, handles or side plates- Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann