Just finished a Calstar 800M

Started by Jon Vadney, May 09, 2014, 04:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

Here's an 800M for a buddy of mine. Fuji MNSG, bullard black and silver, gudebrod metallic purple.

Topshot

That's an awesome looking rod man. I didn't think I would like the purple so much. I would love to learn how you marbled that intricately under the guides
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Bryan Young

Jon, you do great work.  I know a few guys that have your rods and they talk up a storm about them...and a few will be contacting you once they come up with the cash.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

doradoben

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Jon Vadney

Thanks a ton guys :)   

Topshot, check out the DVD at the top of the page:
http://www.diamond-ii.com/pigments.html

johnachak

Nice work. Do you have a website or anything so I can get an idea of prices, availability rod weights, etc. I always wanted a custom rod.

Jon Vadney

Quote from: johnachak on June 19, 2014, 08:14:59 PM
Nice work. Do you have a website or anything so I can get an idea of prices, availability rod weights, etc. I always wanted a custom rod.

Hey buddy, I don't have a site at the moment as I don't have the skills to make a site the way I would want it.  My prices are usually on a build-by-build basis.  Generally speaking, labor will be anywhere from $150-$450 depending on what you want.  PM me with some details about what kind of rod you are looking for and your budget and ill get a build prices out for you.

Regards,
Jon

johnachak

Thank you, will do. I'll pm you.

anglingarchitect

Newell Nut

Seekers and Calstars are hard to beat when done custom. I sure like all my custom stuff.

Jon Vadney

Quote from: anglingarchitect on June 21, 2014, 12:22:20 AM
I'm anxiously awaiting mine! :)

You're rod is coming out reaaaaaaaly cool.  I'm on the finishing phases now.

anglingarchitect

Jon Vadney

Quote from: anglingarchitect on June 22, 2014, 12:47:35 AM
I'm giddy with anticipation. ;D

I'm really liking how the split grip design came out.  I should have it done mid next week (i wait 24hrs between coats of finish).