Omoto 12 Triple Series

Started by Alto Mare, May 28, 2014, 01:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Hi Sal;  Ive really enjoyed you unbiased opinions and your taking the time to show the internals of the triple sec reel by omoto......The world is changing constantly and we must be ready to discuss everything going on openly......The test you did seems a valid one for max drag.  Now lets  go fishing with it.  Time will tell.  There are a few bargains out there.  Most end up as a disappointment. At least for me.  I,m glad a few companys are listening to the fishermans desires and not just pushing new models out the door.   Your the man Sal.......Kudos, your time was well spent for us, the little people.

Alto Mare

Gary, thanks for your kind words and understanding on what I'm really doing here, I knew you would ;).

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Alan C has donated one of these reels for me to take on the LR trip, it will get tested in front of a bunch of people that know reels.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on June 10, 2014, 01:43:36 PM
Alan C has donated one of these reels for me to take on the LR trip, it will get tested in front of a bunch of people that know reels.
I don't know about a bunch Lee, I've seen  the list of the guy and I know of only a few :-\.
Just kidding fellas ;D....couldn't thing of a better place to test a new reel ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

I'm still waiting to see the reel myself.  I guess I'll be getting one of yours to play with.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 10, 2014, 08:09:46 PM
I'm still waiting to see the reel myself.  I guess I'll be getting one of yours to play with.

I'll bring one to dinner Saturday and let you maul it.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Derby

How do you guys think this reel would perform soaking baits?

It seems a lot of weight on the spool with the drag components. Also, the sealed spool bearings.

I understand there hasn't been much real world testing. Your opinions are welcome.

Thanks.

Derby

Alto Mare

I haven't fished the triple series yet, but from taking a close look, I have no doubts that it will perform very well. A couple of members will be giving it a workout soon, time will tell.

Keta

Quote from: Derby on June 12, 2014, 10:00:41 PM
How do you guys think this reel would perform soaking baits?

It seems a lot of weight on the spool with the drag components. Also, the sealed spool bearings.

I understand there hasn't been much real world testing. Your opinions are welcome.

Thanks.

Derby

The one I have spins well.

Mark Twain

handi2

I have now fished mine twice and its so much more than you would think. With me catching 10 lb. Red Snapper from my wheelchair it was no problem. I used high gear to get them off the structure them easily switched to low gear and just reeled them straight in.

I handed it to my son with a new 80 lb. mono leader and a large live bait and it was on..!! It had the Star 80 to 200 lb. rated rod bent double but lost the fish on the wreck. I think we need a stronger rod to get the bigger fish off the bottom..!! The reel was no problem but the rod was about to break..
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Thanks for the report Keith.
Alan is not getting that reel that I'm showing  back, I'm hoping to try it out myself.

Mr.Grinta

Sal,
Very big tutorial!!!
I'like this Reel and the drug force is very incredible.
nice, nice, very nice work.
leonard
For every sunrise there will be a sunset, for every sunset there will be a sunrise. You have to accept Leonard.

handi2

Another update on the Triple reel.

There was a huge Billfish tournament in Guld Shores Alabama 4 weeks ago. Along with Billfish all other fishes were included. When cleaning the multitudes of fish there was a huge influx of sharks in the area for days. It was even on the news.

We'll those sharks have moved east to where I am and on every spot when trying to fish. Almost every fish we caught got eaten by the sharks on the way up. They were cutting in half 40 lb. Amberjack's.

I told my son to rig the Triple with wire incase a shark wanted to play. It wasn't long till he pulled up a nice Red Snapper with a shark following. He got the Snapper and the 7/0 circle hook and it was on for almost an hour. The shark was released at the boat and was at least 10' long. No problem with the reel at all.

I'll have pics later

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Nice Keith, can't wait for some pics. did you open the reel up afterward?
Thanks for sharing.