Broken Drag in new shimano Torium

Started by CaptDavDavis01, July 21, 2010, 07:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptDavDavis01

I picked up a new Torium 20 a few months back. Righ out of the box I though it was a little weak in the drag catagory, I had to pretty much handline a AJ in for my wife.  I didnt think about it until the other day when I was in the tackle shop and seen they had carbontex drags(I think) for that reel. I grabbed a pack and got to work when I got home.  Cracked the reel open and damn if I didnt have a cracked drag washer(fiber) in the stack. I changed them out, put the reel back together, and gave it a trial run.  Like night and day... way more drag...look out AJ's, were coming for ya!!!! 

Danny

alantani

danny, please consider changing out the dog as well.  it could prove critical.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

CaptDavDavis01

Alan, I had ordered all the parts you had spec'd in your trinidad fix for the toriums from Mikes' Reel Repair, I  paid for them, yet they never came. Called, left messages, emails, still no responce- just kind of let it go, its was less than $60 for the parts) had some other junk in the order as well)   Im familiar with the anti reverse issues with these reels.

I just looked at the E-reciept... gonna try and raise them later today, we'll just see what happens...

Danny