Alan Tani's Phenix

Started by Jon Vadney, June 02, 2014, 09:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

Here's one I just got done with for Alan.  I hope he gets to slay some fish with it on his LR trip!!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Dominick

Yow-za.  It sure is a beauty.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

beautiful!!!!!  it gets matched up with the penn torque 25n and will be available for the guys to use on the trip!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

I really like your vine leaf style. Small and very consistent. It is something I have just started working on and this rod will be my standard to strive for.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

anglingarchitect

Beautiful, I'm getting excited, sure do like the black, silver, white color scheme.
Those colors sure would look good with an Accurate.

I have two little beauties Accurate's that I love, small light, and fun to fish with. 

alantani

i'm not much of a sports fan, but my brother is a hard core oakland raiders fan.  silver and black, baby!

Jon Vadney

Quote from: alantani on June 03, 2014, 01:33:51 AM
i'm not much of a sports fan, but my brother is a hard core oakland raiders fan.  silver and black, baby!

By the way.... on the tape bushings under the reel seat, written in sharpie, is "GO 9'ERS!!!"

just kidding.... I couldn't do that to ya hahaha.

Jon Vadney

Also, thanks for the kind words guys!  Ron, you'll be wrapping olive branches like that soon enough.  They aren't terribly hard, just time consuming and you have to go slow to make sure that they are even/symmetrical. 

AnglingArchitecht, I emailed phenix today and they are still waiting to get your blank in.  If I push it...I can have a rod go from blank to done in 3 days so I'll put the afterburners on once it comes in. 

alantani

maybe i'll break it in on wednesday!  we're going to try to get out for rockcod.  ;D

Jon Vadney

Quote from: alantani on June 03, 2014, 02:30:41 AM
maybe i'll break it in on wednesday!  we're going to try to get out for rockcod.  ;D

Haha.... there would be zero bendo on that thing from the rockfish.  Lings could put a bend in it though!   I checked the coast - 10mi weather report, still lookin at 5-7' at 9 seconds for half moon on wed. 

alantani

piece of cake!  it will just be a fast drift.  just keep your junk from dragging bottom and you'll be fine!

alantani

hey, joey and i fired up the engines and everything is fine.  i need to hook it up tomorrow, scrub it down and top off the fuel tanks is the evening.  can you swing by and help me scrub the boat? 

Jon Vadney

Quote from: alantani on June 03, 2014, 04:30:46 AM
hey, joey and i fired up the engines and everything is fine.  i need to hook it up tomorrow, scrub it down and top off the fuel tanks is the evening.  can you swing by and help me scrub the boat? 

You clean the boat before you go fishing?  Yes ill help you hahaha

Bryan Young

Does that nice little black reel fit on that rod?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D