Beastmasters

Started by Reelmaster, July 23, 2010, 06:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reelmaster

Hi Alan, We have done 100's of these Silicone Pad Replacements & we do all for Shimano Aust. I have available all 3 sizes pre-cut of a far better silicone composite than the Originals, anybody that want's do there own rather than sending to Glen it involves some work

Firstly you must clean out all the old gunk then make sure that the surface for bonding is dead clean!!! as to obtain the best bond possible we take a couple of thous of the Plate in the Lathe on to insure it is perpundicular to the bore & provide a much better bonding surface.

The pads are then bonded with a Loctite Product The Carrier with newly bonded Silicone pad is Set-Up in the lathe & the Surface is Ground to the proper thickness (Important) with a Tool Post Grinder. You can make a Great Grinder by buying one of the cheap Routers
from the Hardware Stores   We paid &75.00. for ours. You then need to make up a Fixture to hold the Grinder in a Lathes Tool Holder & your on the Way.

Best Regards  Jack Erskine   ( Web-Site www. jackerskine.com.au  http://jackerskine.com/index.html)  ( contact   jackerskine@dodo.com.au)

<Bryan Young>  Jack, I could not find the website that is striked through and found the website that is noted.  I hope you don't mind since the site may not be directing people to your sight at this time.  Please modify when www. jackerskine.com.au starts working again.

alantani

thanks, jack!  i worked on one a few years ago, cleaned it all up and finally shipped it off to glen pamaran.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!