gentlemen, 7 days to go!

Started by alantani, June 09, 2014, 10:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

gentlemen, 7 days to go! 

status - here is where we are at.  everyone is still on track, meaning we will be packed in like sardines with 26 guys.  when we board, i am going to have a crisp $100 bill as a refund for each one of you.  if two guys, for any reason, have to back out, even minutes before we leave, they can still get a full refund.  we are paid for 24.

cell numbers - i need everyone's cell phone numbers.  please ping me back with that info . 

dinner - sunday june 15th (father's day), miguels cochina at 7pm, meet at the bar at 6pm.  let me know if you can make it.  i have a table for 12 reserved.  it will be a busy night for the restaurant, so let me know as  http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/27/313271/restaurant/Point-Loma/Miguels-Cocina-San-Diego

breakfast - for early risers, on your own, 6am at the denny's at 1601 rosecrans.  http://locations.dennys.com/CA/SAN-DIEGO/247894/

boarding call - 8am.  the boat is docked at the end of dickens street, behind the vagabond hotel.  the spirit of adventure has the dock all to herself. 

driver's license and passport - bring these, if nothing else!

fish handling on the boat - the crew will gut and gill our fish for us.  if we get into a wide open bite and fish stack up in the kill box, feel freel to grab a knife!  just don't stick yourself! 

off loading fish at the dock - the plan is to have the SOA crew and the 5 star crew off load the fish at 5am, saturday, when we return.  we should be able to sleep in a little because they will have to hose down the deck before we off load tackle and personal gear.  if you want your fish whole, you will probably have to get up at 5am, go to your truck, grab your ice chests and snag some fish before the crews are done.   

breakfast - back to denny's!

5 star -  sarah will have to figure out a "filet" price.  guys that need to hit the road go first.  guys that need to catch a plane, make sure you give yourself enough time to not miss your flight.  my brother and i will hang out until the end.  we should all be done before noon. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Is it too late for me to hop on a plane? :(
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

Have been ready to go for about a month.  ;D

You have my cell number.

Won't be at Miguel's.

See you Monday morning.

8) 8)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 09, 2014, 10:37:15 PM

Not at all, Sal. But we're going to be fishing from a boat. ::)
Rob

maxpowers

I am tentative for Miguel's.  My boat won't be in until around 5-6 PM on Sunday.  Either way if I can't eat with you guys, at least I will get to meet you all in person.  I will also have some homemade wind-ons in 30 , 40 and 50 lbs test for some to try on your trip if you like.

Mike

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Big Tim

Dinner at Miguel's ? If the guys staying on the base with Ron are in I'm in too & can cram 1 extra person and gear for the short trip Monday morning

Packed & Sleepless in Fresno... ;D ;D ;D

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Big Tim on June 09, 2014, 10:56:49 PM
Dinner at Miguel's ? If the guys staying on the base with Ron are in I'm in too & can cram 1 extra person and gear for the short trip Monday morning

Wow, Tim, you're packing light! Or are you bringing the dresser, too?  ;D :o ;D
Rob

Ron Jones

If Tim can give me a lift I'm down for Miguel's!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Quote from: noyb72 on June 09, 2014, 11:34:29 PM
Ron

I will be there and can fit you in my truck.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: Norcal Pescador on June 09, 2014, 11:32:01 PM

It looks like this trip put Rob in a good mood.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Big Tim

Quote from: noyb72 on June 09, 2014, 11:34:29 PM
Ron

Ron: No problem bro  ;D

alantani

Quote from: Norcal Pescador on June 09, 2014, 10:40:48 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on June 09, 2014, 10:37:15 PM

Not at all, Sal. But we're going to be fishing from a boat. ::)

oh, now that hurt.....   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Quote from: Dominick on June 09, 2014, 11:59:38 PM
Quote from: Norcal Pescador on June 09, 2014, 11:32:01 PM

It looks like this trip put Rob in a good mood.   :D Dominick

Oh Sh$# I forgot about the dresser >:( >:( >:( Maybe I can strap it on the Hyundai  ;D I just told the great Alan Tani on the phone...I've been collecting for this trip since 2006, before I got hurt at wurk  ;D I'm bringing it all!!! I will be on vacation for 12 days and fish for rock cod, white sea bass, halibut & whatever the fish gods send our way next week...Let's do this thing ;D ;D ;D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

dinner at miguel's, sounds good! count me in and let's have a great father's day!