Dinner for Kenny: Thank you Alan

Started by Big Tim, June 23, 2014, 12:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

If you weren't on the boat you wouldn't know and then only a few did know that my best friend in the world and my cousin of 51 years had multiple heart attacks the Friday night prior to our trip & my family didn't want to tell me? But my wife who've  I've known and loved for 36 years knew it would be the right thing to call me on Sunday prior to departure...She knows me best!...I'm not a Dr. and I can't fix him, but I can call and tell him I love him... I was able to talk to Kenny for a few minutes and he told me to catch a tuna! That would be tuff!!! But on the last day trolling home team 3 stood tall again, as they did the whole trip ;D ;D ;D I did my normal SH@T talk and then we got 3 yellowfin tuna ;D One was mine...I got my cousin his tuna...Thank you ALAN!!! I decided I would cook for him tomorrow.

The ingredients...You must practice first  ;D

1 in sesame oil with cracked black pepper & sea salt & 1 encrusted with sesame seeds...Seared in a mixture of olive & canola oil

No more than 60 seconds per side on the small one and a full 60 seconds per side times 3 on the larger piece

Wasabi & Soy sauce in the dish & Sriacha mayo drizzle over the top  ;D it was fantastic & now I will hook Kenny up tomorrow  ;D ;D ;D

Thank you again Alan T.

Keta

Can I be your son! 

We had YT sashimi at Dominic's last night and will have it at home tonight, WSB and bonito sashimi tomorrow night.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

ChileRelleno

Thanks, I now have drool in my beard  ;D
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Big Tim

Quote from: Keta on June 23, 2014, 01:03:03 AM
Can I be your son! 

We had YT sashimi at Dominic's last night and will have it at home tonight, WSB and bonito sashimi tomorrow night.

Lee I would happily adopt you...I had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet you  ;D

Keta

You to, EVERYONE on the trip was 1st class.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

Tim,
You might be a loud, stinky, fat B@$t@rd, but you have a heart of gold. Even when you are shoving crackers down my throat  ;D ;D. My family's introduction to himachi? Fish tacos of course. Everyone loved them and I have a bunch in the freezer. I found a new family out there, what a bunch of great guys. The good Lord had his hand on the whole thing, I caught the first available space A flight there and back and everything in between was unbelievable. I grew up fishing San Diego saltwater but what I have always heard is true, nothing beats Cedros.

You enjoy that tuna brother, and make sure you tell your cousin for me that he has the highest quality of human looking after him in the Fat B@$t@rd.
\Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Big Tim

Quote from: noyb72 on June 23, 2014, 03:05:21 AM
Tim,
You might be a loud, stinky, fat B@$t@rd, but you have a heart of gold. Even when you are shoving crackers down my throat  ;D ;D. My family's introduction to himachi? Fish tacos of course. Everyone loved them and I have a bunch in the freezer. I found a new family out there, what a bunch of great guys. The good Lord had his hand on the whole thing, I caught the first available space A flight there and back and everything in between was unbelievable. I grew up fishing San Diego saltwater but what I have always heard is true, nothing beats Cedros.

You enjoy that tuna brother, and make sure you tell your cousin for me that he has the highest quality of human looking after him in the Fat B@$t@rd.
\Ron
BooYa!!! You make sure you're boat is back safe so we can do it again...You have a gorgeous family & a stinky one too  ;D ;D ;D

Big Tim 

Bryan Young

That looks delicious Tim.  I'm sure he will love it.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

looks great!  kenny got some stents put in?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Good man Tim.  Thanks for taking care of your friend.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Jon Vadney

First off, that looks amazing and I am stealing your recipe, whether you like it or not! :D

secondly, and much more important, I hope your cousin gets better.  You're wife did the right thing.  It's amazing how well our ladies get to know us. 

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on June 23, 2014, 10:57:13 PM
looks great!  kenny got some stents put in?

Yes Alan..3 stints and doing much better! We had a wonderful time for a few hours yesterday & I loaded him up on fish (Dr. says eat lots of fish)  ;D

Big Tim

Quote from: Jon Vadney on June 24, 2014, 02:24:38 AM
First off, that looks amazing and I am stealing your recipe, whether you like it or not! :D

secondly, and much more important, I hope your cousin gets better.  You're wife did the right thing.  It's amazing how well our ladies get to know us. 
;D ;D ;D steal away

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

looks good and i'm sure good eats, thanks for sharing!  :)