Makoi Thread

Started by Ken_D, June 23, 2014, 04:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken_D

Hi, Folks.... I skidded over to their web page, and noted they only ship to America. I have a note in, to check if they ship north. Pray, tell; has anyone here tried it yet. I have Gudebrod only at this time, but some colours are getting close to zero. Word has it that the Makoi product is a close if not exact match to the Gudebrod colours.   Cheers, KD.

http://www.makoithread.com/

Jeri

Hi Ken,

Have you tried options like PacBay or FishHawk or ProWrap. All have pretty extensive ranges of both colour fast or nylon threads.

It's a pain, but you will probably never exactly match your Gudebrod threads, so it might be worth looking at a whole new supplier, and save the Gudebrod stock for precise repairs.

Hope that helps.

Cheers from sunny Africa,

Jeri

Ken_D

Good Day, Jeri...At present, I've gone with Pac Bay, if the sport wants something I don't got by Gudebrod.  My reply to the "rep" was answered today. Anglers Resource will soon carry Makoi.  And AR is located in the contiguous USA, so if they don't ship UPS, it may be worth a shot.

The recent Canadian class action suit against "Brown" failed, with the judge ruling in favour of the company, not the consumer. It went to hidden brokerage fees on top of freight, and in some cases, the fee exceeded the cost of product. These days, there's a blurb in the fine print of quite a few USA vendors, warning the receiver of these fees, not the amount. So at least that was a plus for the consumer.