Daiwa Millionaire 7ht tournament (Black - Non mag)

Started by jaypeegee, July 02, 2014, 01:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaypeegee

Got a cheap one of these.

Is en route

Will look to the pinion support mod and depending on state of reel may reach out to Miss Dawn for the Carbontex washers.

Super excited although I now own only Avet and Daiwa multipliers. Will need to sell some unused gear so I can get a Penn and not feel like a fanboy.. ::)

jaypeegee

Reel arrived and was beaten up. Hence cheap.

The bearings were allowing a turn and a half when the spool was spun.
One of the set plate screws had pulled through the set plate
Crud. Crud was everywhere
The handle is off a 6HM. So tiny.

Have replaced the bearings so it spins a wee bit more.
Added a washer to the back of the set plate screw which allows it to move and not pull through and jam.
Straightened up the yoke plate
Replaced the drag washers with some felt washers I had lying around. Might spend some money and add carbontex but I don't think I will bother initially.
Replaced the handle with a SL20SH I had spare.
Made a pinion support to cater to the bigger handle.

It casts wonderfully now but I would hate to get into a big fish with it - Luckily it is winter time here and the chance of that is minimal.
I have a half idea to see if I can bolt on the endplate of a 6hm to give this a line out alarm. But only for experimentations sake.

I bought this cheap knowing I would need to spend some time and love on it.
It is fun and super challenging as I have limited tools available to me so creativity is always high.

I don't want to add pictures as my work is functional but not so aesthetically pleasing,  :'(

Riy2018

I found few youtube episodes from England they been using Daiwa 7ht MAG and Non-Mag reels.
The casting distance incredible.
I haven't seen any one in US using them

festus

Quote from: Riy2018 on May 02, 2019, 01:21:25 AM
I found few youtube episodes from England they been using Daiwa 7ht MAG and Non-Mag reels.
The casting distance incredible.
I haven't seen any one in US using them
I'd never heard of this reel and checked out a few videos.  Very simply built, interesting reel.  BTW, they're currently sold out on eBay.

Riy2018

I have one too. good condition non MAG.
I heard from some one that this is Tournament Reel and it is not for fishing only to practice in field.
can anyone share experience with actual fishing from surf or boat?

Thank you