Shimano Triton Mark IV S Tutorial (of sorts)

Started by Quoc_Pham, August 09, 2014, 06:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barkley1956

barkley1956

So now I find the pinion shaft has come loose from its crimp fit. Tried to tighten it with a hammer and punch to no avail. Any thoughts were I can locate one? Searched web for a long while to find nothing. Part #is TRN81 Set Plate

barkley1956

Never mind, I guess I'm getting old lol

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

barkley1956

Quoc, I too got the wrong drag set.     Do you recall which set it was you used or did you modify that set?

Thanks, Jim

PacRat

I think the drag set is the same as a 4/0 Penn. I haven't had mine open in a while so don't take my word but if you have a 4/0 check and see.
Good luck
Mike

PacRat

I found this on page 2 of this thread:

"All of the Triton XHS series reel parts are the same on the handle side. I use 3  of the Penn 113h carbon plates and 2 of the 47sh black plastic plates under the gear. They are thin so I use 2. Got everything from Smoothdrag. Cals grease on everything.

I also have a 1+5 stack from a Penn 113H that I got from Smooothdrag in a Triton 300.  Used 2 of the 47SH plates under the gear also. Had to bend the ears down on the top eared washer. Again Cals grease on everything. Had to file the keyed washers just bit to make them fit over the driveshaft and the eared washers are not a perfect fit but the drag is very smooth and works well. This is sold as a kit but you will have to add the 2 pieces from the 47SH. You have to be very careful of the height tolerances on the Triton XHS reels."

barkley1956