Where to find Pro Gear 280 Drag Washers?

Started by eldoradoman, September 09, 2014, 08:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrwilson99

Congrats! I have not heard back from Bryan yet. I will probably just stick to the asbesto drags.

Quote from: sciaenops on August 10, 2020, 06:34:47 PM
got to try out my new used PGs a few days ago on a trip out of SD w/my buddy Dave (that's him w/jackpot fish).  PG545 w/30# Izor topshot easily handled 15# yt and the AS280 with 25# Izor t/s & the jerry-rigged C-tex washer upgrade got me a couple of 30# bft.  Thanks again Bryan and all for the good stuff on this board.
David

Bryan Young

Quote from: mrwilson99 on August 11, 2020, 12:17:14 AM
Congrats! I have not heard back from Bryan yet. I will probably just stick to the asbesto drags.

got to try out my new used PGs a few days ago on a trip out of SD w/my buddy Dave (that's him w/jackpot fish).  PG545 w/30# Izor topshot easily handled 15# yt and the AS280 with 25# Izor t/s & the jerry-rigged C-tex washer upgrade got me a couple of 30# bft.  Thanks again Bryan and all for the good stuff on this board.
Oh, I thought someone found an alternative solution. Ok. Let me look up the sizing of these drag washers and see what I can come u with.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sciaenops

Bryan-

No need to come up with anything for me - I'm good with what I have for now.

Keith

mrwilson99

I am interested still Bryan, I have a 280 and 282 that I would upgrade.

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 11, 2020, 01:16:41 AM
Quote from: mrwilson99 on August 11, 2020, 12:17:14 AM

Oh, I thought someone found an alternative solution. Ok. Let me look up the sizing of these drag washers and see what I can come u with.

Bryan
David

sabaman1

Bryan, I am also interested in buying some sets for my 280.

Thank You
                 Jim
JIM

Bryan Young

Lucky me. I found an original Albacore Special carbon fiber washer.   The washer measures 3/8" x 1-1/4" x 0.065" thick.  The sad part is I don't know if this washer is for the AS280 or AS540.

Can someone confirm this washer to fit the AS280 before I start cutting washers?  Thank you.
Additionally, I don't know what is the size of the under gear washer OD and thickness. If someone has this available, please let me know.

Anyway, whichever reel this is for, you would use 5 Carbontex washers, ~1 mm thick as follows:

Top keyed washer
Carbontex ~1.0 mm thick
Carbontex ~1.0 mm thick
Eared washer
Carbontex ~1.0 mm thick
Keyed washer
Carbontex ~1.0 mm thick
Carbontex ~1.0 mm thick
Main gear
Carbontex under gear washer

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sciaenops

Hey Bryan-

QuoteThe washer measures 3/8" x 1-1/4" x 0.065" thick.  The sad part is I don't know if this washer is for the AS280 or AS540.

Sounds right for the in gear washers for my AS280 (33 x 9.5 mm is what I measured)

QuoteAdditionally, I don't know what is the size of the under gear washer OD and thickness. If someone has this available, please let me know.

The under gear washer is 15/16" od x 13/32" id (24 x 10.3 mm).  My original was delrin so I can only guess it was ~ 1mm thick, because I added it back on top of the 4-stack C-tex washers I used in the main gear.

Keith

mrwilson99

Sign me up for a few sets! I have both 280, 282, 540, 542 and 461!

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 11, 2020, 05:21:45 AM
Lucky me. I found an original Albacore Special carbon fiber washer.   The washer measures 3/8" x 1-1/4" x 0.065" thick.  The sad part is I don't know if this washer is for the AS280 or AS540.

Can someone confirm this washer to fit the AS280 before I start cutting washers?  Thank you.
Additionally, I don't know what is the size of the under gear washer OD and thickness. If someone has this available, please let me know.

Anyway, whichever reel this is for, you would use 5 Carbontex washers, ~1 mm thick as follows:

Top keyed washer
Carbontex ~1.0 mm thick
Carbontex ~1.0 mm thick
Eared washer
Carbontex ~1.0 mm thick
Keyed washer
Carbontex ~1.0 mm thick
Carbontex ~1.0 mm thick
Main gear
Carbontex under gear washer

Bryan
David

Maxed Out

I might have one of these reels. Did they all come with asbestos drag washers ?? If so, I could use a set of these washers too Bryan

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bryan Young

Ok.  I'll punch an whole sheet of in-gear washers and under-gear washers to make up a set of washers.

sabaman1

Bryan , I would like to purchase a couple sets from you also.

Thank You
          Jim
JIM

mrwilson99

Thank you, in for a few sets!

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 12, 2020, 02:59:19 PM
Ok.  I'll punch an whole sheet of in-gear washers and under-gear washers to make up a set of washers.
David

Rancanfish

I bought sheets of 1.2 mm I think and punched multiple sets years ago.  The drags are all the same size with the exception of the 461?  I'm not sure what that is.....

All this confusion is making me want to go tear mine apart to confirm.  I kept them 3 stacks as I recall.

Bryan, are you sure .065'' ?  Thats 1.65mm and I don't recall that?   I'm thinking 1.4mm was the original.

I'm not doubting you will come up with the 'Ultimate' set though.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

mrwilson99

Have anymore?

Quote from: Rancanfish on August 12, 2020, 07:03:39 PM
I bought sheets of 1.2 mm I think and punched multiple sets years ago.  The drags are all the same size with the exception of the 461?  I'm not sure what that is.....

All this confusion is making me want to go tear mine apart to confirm.  I kept them 3 stacks as I recall.
David

Rancanfish

Hmmm, posted a reply I thought......I'll check when the hot garage cools off.

Edit:  I do have 1.2mm
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.