Reel Speed Bearing Puller

Started by PERRO, October 16, 2014, 01:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PERRO

By the way.. I received an e-mail response from " Aaron ". He has agreed to a swap for " NEW " parts.

So,everytting is " GOOD ",  it will all work out.  :)

CaptainRMF

Hey PERRO, nice job on repurposing those bottles. Who's the artist, that paint job is great !
Richy aka CaptainRMF

PERRO

The bottles are sold as you see them.. very nicely hand painted.

http://www.crownwineandspirits.com/grand-marnier-cuvee-du-cent-cinquantenaire-750ml/
Grand Marnier Cuvée du Cent Cinquantenaire 750ml

It's expensive, but very smooth for sipping.

My wife likes a sip of Grand Marnier (less expensive), with a side glass of top shelf Tequila  :o
http://www.crownwineandspirits.com/grand-marnier-cordon-rouge-750ml/

I've acquired a few bottles of the expensive stuff over the years, for very, very special occasions @ home.

My wife sips on a bit @ home and asks me :  " Would you like some ? "

I responded: " NOPE, can't afford the stuff..I'll have a few beers ". ;D

PERRO

UPDATE:

Just received in todays mail: Bearing Puller " Replacement Tips "

1. 1/8

2. 3/16  4mm

3. 5/32  5mm

Bottom Row

I've added a " Blak Dog ABU 4500 - 6500 IAR Bearing Removal Tool ": Lft bottom corner.

Meanwhile

So reading about bearing pullers and having a stuck bearing I plunked down my card and one was delivered today.  Now my little piece of spring steel hammered with a nice flat lip did nothing on this bearing.  The bearing was fine, just stuck.  I'm sure you all know that if you are challenged by a stupid piece of metal that piece of metal is likely to lose.  There may be personal injury involved but the metal will yield.

So I went straight to the shop, tried all the fittings like a kid on Christmas morning.  I immediately tried to pull the stubborn bearing and the tool slipped out.  Hmmm.  Must not have it tight enough.  So out came the wrench and I put the device to maximum depth.   It slipped again.

Hmmmm.  So off to the grinder I went, not with the expensive tool but rather with an old Shimano wrench.  I ground it down and used the low cost alternative to pop out the bearing.

Morale of the story, grind first, Amazon second.

The winner is marked in red.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnrql2qou51xu15/2014-10-22%2017.25.10.jpg?dl=0

So are there larger fittings available for this puller?  I must have done something wrong.

Alto Mare

I'm still trying to run into one as yours, just to see for myself, so far... no luck. I serviced many reels since I purchased the mini puller, it pulled everyone of the bearings out with no problems.
I don't even bother pull the retainer washer anymore, it comes right out with the bearing.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

I've been using this set for almost 5 years and wouldn't want to be without it. The tip on the 1/8 is really getting a workout and wanted to get an extra one.
I found the replacement parts on line.
I'm not sure how many are still available, but just in case some of you are also looking for an extra tip, here is where I got mine from:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B071YX1WCB

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

handi2

Thanks Sal I got the last 1/8...
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

bluefish69

Sal

Do you have the Puller with the Sliding Hammer?

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

Yes Mike, I have the gold, I also had the very first kit  and gave it to my brother. I don't remember if that one also had the sliding hammer, but if it didn't it would be easy to make it work with something else as weight. I picked up a tip fo him as well.
I think Aaron had one mini puller in stock, but I'm not 100% on it.

Sal

bluefish69

I'll just drill out a flat 12 oz. Sinker to fit the shaft.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

Good idea Mike, that would do it.

Sal

day0ne

Where on Amazon are you finding these? I can only find the replacement parts.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Alto Mare

Quote from: day0ne on May 12, 2017, 05:38:07 AM
Where on Amazon are you finding these? I can only find the replacement parts.
Hello David, I have mentioned finding replacement tips on Amazan, as for the mini pullers, Aaron told me he had one left.
The reason I posted I wasn't 100% sure on it is that I'm not sure if someone has purchased it up already.
If you are looking for one the best option would be for you to contact Aaron : reelspeed@yahoo.com

Sal

swill88

FYI, last week I ordered the bearing puller and tips and the stand ( not sure why I ordered the stand... maybe it's the pain meds I was on) from Amazon and all was showing in stock.

Yesterday the package arrived with the stand and 1 tip. I've got an inquiry in to Aron though Amazon. Don't want a refund just the product.