Pro Gear Oceanus

Started by Roger, September 25, 2010, 03:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Can any of ya'll out there on the west coast give me any info of this reel. Lately I've been thinking about getting one. I've always heard of Pro Gears reputation on their star drag reels and was curious about their lever drag. Line capacity, drag rating and any idea on parts avalibility sure would help.
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Contact SoCalFishingTackle via ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Gear-Oceanus-30-Lever-Drag-Reel-/150408717519?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23050ee4cf

He is the owner and maker of Pro Gear Reels.  He will also warranty the reel and has replacement parts.

Here are some specs:

Specs:

Machined Aluminum One piece frame

7 SS ball bearings

4.9:1 gearing

Stainless steel main & pinion gear

25 ounces

325 yds 30# line capacity.

I haven't seen one yet, but knowing Pro Gear, they gotta be good.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Roger

Thanks Bryan, line capacity sounds just right I think. I guess I need to get in touch with him and see how hard it is to get parts.
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Hey Roger,

I found Pics here http://www.fishingouting.com/forums/f70/pro-gear-oceanus-30-a-1967/index2.html.  Posting indicated that you will be able to upgrade to a double drag system as a DIY kit because Accurate has a patend on the dual drag design.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Roger

Thanks Bryan
Roger