DISCONTINUED Daiwa Sealine 400H/400HW/450H/450HW 5+1 Drag Kits - $30 shipped USA

Started by Bryan Young, November 02, 2014, 10:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackerman

Jigmaster_Jay

Quote from: alantani on July 08, 2021, 12:22:50 AM
Quote from: crackerman on July 06, 2021, 05:19:43 PM
Yes rowdy, out of stock, discontinued by manufacturer... I checked there first.

found one and sent you a pm!

Hey, Alan. Is there perhaps one more kit available? Been lurking for a while and learned how to rebuild and carbontex a Squidder and repair/ upgrade a Jigmaster. I just did an impulse buy today on a 400h I saw on Ebay with a few mins left and scored for $30 hoping I can maybe beef up the drag and tackle some medium sized sharks during an upcoming trip to St. George Island. If there aren't any, I'm wondering how feasible it might be to take a sander/dremel/grinder to the metal drag washers and thin them out to squeeze in another pair along with some thinner ht-100 washers. May have to notch the ear grooves in the main gear, too, but I'm not sure. If there is any chance that it can be done then I'm not afraid to ruin some washers trying since the reel was so cheap.

oc1

Carve a round indentation in a block of wood that will just fit the washer.  Attach the washer with double sided tape.  Hold the block as the washer is lapped down on a belt or disk sander.

Jigmaster_Jay

I read that method somewhere and may give it a try. Also read something about super gluing a washer to something like a bolt or wooden dowel rod to hold it and use an orbital sander.

oc1

Quote from: Jigmaster_Jay on July 28, 2021, 10:33:35 AM
use an orbital sander.
You might need something more aggressive to thin the washers and ten smooth with finer grit.

alantani

Quote from: Jigmaster_Jay on July 28, 2021, 03:10:02 AM

Hey, Alan. Is there perhaps one more kit available? Been lurking for a while and learned how to rebuild and carbontex a Squidder and repair/ upgrade a Jigmaster. I just did an impulse buy today on a 400h I saw on Ebay with a few mins left and scored for $30 hoping I can maybe beef up the drag and tackle some medium sized sharks during an upcoming trip to St. George Island. If there aren't any, I'm wondering how feasible it might be to take a sander/dremel/grinder to the metal drag washers and thin them out to squeeze in another pair along with some thinner ht-100 washers. May have to notch the ear grooves in the main gear, too, but I'm not sure. If there is any chance that it can be done then I'm not afraid to ruin some washers trying since the reel was so cheap.

send you an email.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Hi Jay,

You are in luck. Alan just gave me my excess kits since he wasn't installing them. I'm waiting for Carbontex washers. I should have limited kits available next week. I'll message you once they are made.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

otownjoe

alantani

um, in my defense, they somehow wound up in a drawer and i didn't even know that they were there.  i was doing some cleaning.  no, seriously, don't laugh, i was actually cleaning.  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jigmaster_Jay

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 31, 2021, 06:57:25 AM

Hi Jay,

You are in luck. Alan just gave me my excess kits since he wasn't installing them. I'm waiting for Carbontex washers. I should have limited kits available next week. I'll message you once they are made.

Awesome!!!! Sorry, just seeing this and guess I need to set up my notifications. Now if I could just find a dang clicker pawl (or claw as Daiwa calls it). Called Daiwa and they said it's discontinued with no replacement. May take the one out of my Jigmaster to see if it looks like a dremel could make it work.

Hoochrip

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 31, 2021, 06:57:25 AM

Hi Jay,

Bryan,
Would you have 2 sets and have a cast control knob that would fit a Sealine 400h?

RowdyW

What does a cast control knob look like on a Sealine 400h look like? I've never seen one on a 400h. Photos ?? Is it an after market item? If you are saying the left side bearing cap that is not supposed to be tightened. The spool should have .0025- .005" side play. Running the spool tight is a sure way to ruin both spool bearings.          Rudy

Hoochrip

Part is on the handle side spool tension knob, for free spool. The bearing got destroyed due to the pinion was frozen on the shaft had to use a punch to knock the spool out of the side plate. The bearing came out of the peen cup and broke apart from spool. Found bearing cup just need knob, drags and a handle side plate screw for the frame lug. Picture below.
Thanks,
Mark

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D