Sorting Through Old Reels

Started by foakes, November 03, 2014, 06:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Saw you joined in May . So Welcome to the Forum from Central Texas.
Those Old Fiberglass Rods will sure take a beating .
What Camera you using in that video ? A go pro by chance .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

ddselvig

The camera I was using was a GoPro Hero 4 Silver.

Wompus Cat

Thanks .
I found me one complete Kit
Another addiction to tend to now ...

Gfish

Costco has 'em now, for $300+. Was tempted, but I just don't know all the ins n' outs about owning one.

Great video ddselvig. Where's that lake/pond? Looks pretty productive. Lemme guess, Northern Mid-West?

Got a couple of Shakes. Wonder—spincasters(one's a "Wondercast", 1797, late 50's and one's an early 50's "Wondereel", 1745). Beaters both of 'em, just wanted to look, test and see if they are as well made as they look. Yes! Very little plastic and alota weight. The 1797 has an ossilating spool and a nice drag system. The 1745 has no A/R, and releases line by a backward 1/4 crank on the handle. Very sturdy reels, so of course I'm looking for a good boxed one with a manual and tool. One model(1798 or 1799?) has a star drag + the typical micro drag(twist the cover cap flanges down onto the spool, and the levelwind feature. Like to find one-a those with the box...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Wompus Cat

Achtung!
Atenção.
注意
Pažnja.
Pozornost.
Opmærksomhed.
Aandacht.
Attenzione
внимание
اِنْتِبَاه
ATTENTION !

Hey Moderarators

This REEELY

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12113.msg400527#msg400527

needs it's own THREAD !

Gfish

Ja auf Jeden Fall, i.e. yes definitely.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

misterniceguy

I am new to the site and want to post a question but cannot figure out how so I am using what i think is a "reply" area.  I have gotten more than smitten with Dam Quick reels.  I am amassing quite a number for parts and repair.  I just cane across what I think is a Super 270.  The unique thing about this particular reel is that the anti reversed not catch - just clicked in all positions.  When I took it apart, there was nothing holding the drive axle in place - no clip or?  Upon investigating the drive axle could slide either way in the "bearing cover."  In looking at schematics, it seemed as if it should have a stop so it could not go into the cover.  What it had is a "brass" sleeve that goes over the drive axle.  There is no apparent place for an E clip.  Does this reel consist of mixed pieces or another submodel or ?

foakes

Replied to your messages in a PM —-

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.