The List!

Started by alantani, November 06, 2014, 01:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Quote from: Wally15 on March 11, 2015, 08:32:31 AM
Come on along. FWIW, if you could make the 26th person, I'll chip in my $100 rebate toward your ticket.

Mike, what a great idea! Me, too... gotta have Big Tim aboard!  ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Big Tim

Mike, Aiala : Thank you for the kind gesture, but we needed 26 full paid passengers to get the $100.00 rebate. I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason and if it's meant to be I will be on that boat. I have a few tricks up my sleeve and if it doesn't work out, I will take my son on a 2.5 or 3.5 dayer later in the season. I pulled my name and took the refund to catch up on bills. I didn't think it fair to hold a spot and bail at the last minute if the money didn't get right in time.

Big Tim

alantani

out here in california, we get short changed.  a handle for us is 1.75 liters, just a little less than half a gallon.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on March 12, 2015, 01:29:17 AM
out here in california, we get short changed.  a handle for us is 1.75 liters, just a little less than half a gallon.   :-\

I thought you told me you an Ed were the black sheep of the Tani family ??? You should know that a handle of booze is always a jug  ;D Not a 1.75...Think of an ol jug of moonshine, that's got to be a gallon :o

alantani

we had to scale back......   ;D

alantani

welcome to scott rodriguez, aka "sundaytrucka!"  we now have a full charter. 

there is one problem looming.  i thought for sure that i had requested vacation time last year, but apparently i did not, or the email for my request was lost.  my co-worker, ben, had also requested time off for family vacation, then decided to come with us.  we are trying to both get vacation time that same week, but there may not be enough bodies to go around.  ben says he will bow out if the vacation schedule does not work out.  i told him that he could go in my place as charter master, but he chuckled and said no.   ;D

if we have enough guys, i would like to run with 26 again.  that way we can return someone's full fare if they miss a plane flight or there is some other emergency.  and it we all 26 make it, we all get money back again!  so, guys, send in the other half of the payment, if you haven't already.  i will send out emails to everyone as well.  thanks!   alan

Big Tim

Alan, I will gladly take your fully paid charter master spot  ;D Seriously, this needs a couple of stand by's , or run 26... I am working feverishly to secure spot 25 or 26

Tim

sundaytrucka

YES!!! I am so excited for the trip!

This will be my first long range trip, overnight trips have been the longest thus far.

Thank you Alan!

Taking this along with me, just put in new spool bearings and 3.3:1 gear set purchased today.

Yellowtail Killer.

So excited!!!

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Bryan Young

Who still is selling gear sets?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sundaytrucka

Hey Bryan,

I bought my 3.3 set from Ken's Custom Reels in Oceanside, I believe he has one more 3.3:1 and some of the higher gear sets avaiIable (all used gear sets, for $40).

I contacted Tiburon, as you suggested, and they still have some; Quick Change gear sets in stock, I believe all except the 2.9:1, selling for 56.99.

I asked Tiburon about the SST upgrade for the 7530, and said it would have to be sent in to Tiburon for the upgrade, they do not sell the kit as an upgrade, I was told the right side plate is swapped out for an SST model side plate, confirmed at Ken's Custom also.

Man, how am I going to wait three months for the trip!?  I cannot wait!
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Aiala

Quote from: sundaytrucka on March 15, 2015, 01:17:27 PM
Man, how am I going to wait three months for the trip!? I cannot wait!

One day at a time... only 92 nights to go!  ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Keta

Some of us can't make it and at least one can't wait for the reports.   

Quote from: Big Tim on March 15, 2015, 01:49:22 AM
Alan, I will gladly take your fully paid charter master spot  ;D Seriously, this needs a couple of stand by's , or run 26... I am working feverishly to secure spot 25 or 26

Tim

You have to wait in line Tim.... ;D
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Thanks Sundaytrucka.  Good to know. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

crud.  unfortunately, kevin's dad can't make it this year.  i hope he can make it next year!!!!!!!

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on March 27, 2015, 09:10:46 PM
crud.  unfortunately, kevin's dad can't make it this year.  i hope he can make it next year!!!!!!!

Dang it...Kieth is such a good guy...I just got hit with a huge tax bill that I will have to fight, so no way for sure will I be going. This being said...Got to get 1-3 more people quick on this trip.