The List!

Started by alantani, November 06, 2014, 01:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Quote from: Big Tim on March 27, 2015, 11:09:33 PM
I just got hit with a huge tax bill that I will have to fight, so no way for sure will I be going.

:'(

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

sundaytrucka

Sorry to hear that Tim, I was looking forward to meeting you, along with everyone else.

I have a query...I know, you would never expect that from me, right?

Being my first LR trip, how does pricing break down if we were to get 23 sign-ups, and not the 24 expected? Will we have to spread the $1,400 amongst the standing 23?

Ideas:

If spreading the cost is necessary, which I do not mind, could we work out a deal with the SOA and split the difference (for less than the $1,400), calling it a tip?

That being said, if we were required to pay the full fare, could we simply donate the spot to somebody (Alan's Choice), given we would all be putting in the extra money for a full fare #24 spot either way? Just an idea, as Aiala and Mike supported first. 

-Scott
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

alantani

the deal is $1700 for 24 of us, less if there are 25 or 26, but not more if there are fewer than 24.  that's my responsibility. you guys don't have to worry about it. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

tim dang is going to join us, so we are back up to 24. 

alantani

i send a check to annemarie for $33,550 as payment in full.  that much is done.  i just realized, though, that there is still the $80-90 fee for the mexican fishing license.  if we run with 26 instead of 24, then everything will be covered.  i'd like to do that if we can get enough sign ups.  sorry about the screw up......   :-\

stoked4fishin

no worries alan, thanks for setting all of this up!  i'm super stoked!  hotel suggestions?

sundaytrucka

Should this be paid the day we leave dock, or sent to you before departure?

Did you guys get charged a fuel surcharge last year? A couple of guys said be ready for it.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Keta

Fuel price is way down, how can they justify the surcharge?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

SoCalAngler

25 years strait and I never paid a fuel surcharge on the SOA.

From Mikes (SOA) website.
"There will be NO fuel surcharge unless the cost of fuel is more than $4.25 per gallon."

alantani

the chance of a fuel surcharge is virtually zero.  plus, we will likely be saving them a ton of money on fuel.  i've informed them that the plan is to go straight down to cedros and straight back.  no dog leg right to go chase tuna that disappear like ghosts.  if we have an absolutely certain bluefin tuna bite offshore, then ok.  if it's absolutely wide open, then we could spend all week bobbing around out in the middle of the ocean.  but for right now, the plan is to go straight down and straight back. 

there are hundreds miles of baja coast that no one fishes.  these waters contain calico, wsb, yellowtail, grouper, lingcod and halibut.  if nothing else, we need 30 monster calico for our fres fish lunchs and dinners.  the guys from last year will remember the fresh calico sandwiches. i want to try to get our chef to make us fish tacos as well.  fresh calico is off the hook!  and if we stick to this plan, we might save them 30% off their fuel bill. 

my goal is for the best fishing experience that a 5 day trip can offer.  we are already starting out with the best group of guys and the best boat.  now we just need the fish to cooperate. 

alantani

Quote from: stoked4fishin on April 09, 2015, 12:00:37 AM
no worries alan, thanks for setting all of this up!  i'm super stoked!  hotel suggestions?

vagabond on scott street.  book now.  i've got ed and joey with me.  just post up here to see if anyone wants to ride with your and/or split a room.  we are driving down on sunday, having dinner at miguel's cocina also on scott street, then breakfast at denny's the next morning, board the boat at 9am on monday and turn off the cell phones for a week!

alantani

Quote from: SoCalAngler on April 09, 2015, 01:14:39 AM
25 years strait and I never paid a fuel surcharge on the SOA.

From Mikes (SOA) website.
"There will be NO fuel surcharge unless the cost of fuel is more than $4.25 per gallon."

we can still squeeze in two more!

stoked4fishin

joey is driving down with you?  I am going down on Sat to hang out, not sure if wants to go or not.  I'll make a room reservation and post.  thanks

alantani

no, he's going to have to get a lift.  he's still in college, so i'm trying to save him some money.  i was going cram him in our room on a rollaway and cover him for his meals, but he is till going to need a ride down. 

stoked4fishin

no worries at all then, I can bring him down.  i'll have a room as well, he can stay with me.  we already spoke briefly last week, so i'll follow-up wit him.  we're thinking of fishing the docks for bass on sunday and hangin at the tackle shops a bit.