fishing spots?
0 (0%)
half day low cost boats?
0 (0%)
party boats
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

scottj

Hi, I'm going to fort Myers fl. 3rd week dec. and was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to fish from. What may be running what I should bring as far as lures pole ect? Thanks in advance for any advice as this is my first time posting.

BMITCH

Scott, glad to see ya here. Welcome aboard. Hey guys/gals this is my fishing buddy. Any info would be appreciated. I'm sure someone will have info for you. Good luck!
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Welcome Scott! ;D
Any friend of Bob's is a friend of mine. ;)
Life is Good!

cwillis85

I am in Tampa and have been hearing about a hot bite trolling for grouper for the past two months. I tend to get good fishing reports from: http://www.floridasportsman.com/regions/west-central/
Hope this helps and best of luck getting on some fish.
Chris

Tightlines667

I havn't fished much that far south, but it is my understanding you can target backbays and nearshore for small redfish, speckled trout, and flounder or head offshore for Grouper, Kings, and possible Red Snapper.  I too am going to FL (north central) over Christmas.  We are thinking of trailer in my dad's boat to the gulf side (crystal river to cedar key area) and running offshore to try our luck at Grouper on the artificial reefs.  Or we may head to the east and fish out of the New Symerna beach area.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate, since I know it can be a bit snotty this time of year.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

scottj

scottj

thanks to all that welcomed me and posted advice on this topic

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

That's scoot in the photo of the month PRIOR to joining.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1059.465

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

There ya go. Took me two years to get photo of the month. This guy does it before even joining. Go figure ;) ;D

fsrmn

Check out the fishing reports from www.fishinfranks.com. They are who I go by for this area. They even have directions and maps.
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Welcome Scott.  Report on the fishing from Florida.  If I were you I'd fish from the keys bridge.  Look at the permit that was caught on the same page as the Bob's link.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

scottj

Thanks for all the welcomes.
As it turns out never got to do any salt water fishing here in fl. But lucky for me there are about ten pounds right where I am. So I have been hauling up largemouth everyday nice 4 pound average it's nice to just fish and be outside and in your own zone. I would post a pics but have not figured out how to yet. Good luck everyone tight lines!!!!!