Saltist 20H drag

Started by nz80, November 02, 2010, 02:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nz80

Are there any options (carbontex washers, plates etc?) for increasing the drag strength of the Saltist 20H closer to 10kg?

alantani

22 pounds (10 kilograms) is really beyond the safe limits for the saltist 20.  if you simply crank down the star as hard as you can, then carbontex drag washers will deliver that kind of range, but something will eventualy fail.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

nz80

Thanks for the info.

Yeah not really expecting to get to 10kg but 1-2kg more would be nice  ;D  

At the moment I find that 3kg is easily achieved but it's not until you start putting some decent pressure into the star (closer to bottoming it) that you get 5-6kg.

Would a different spring washer arrangement + carbontex spread the usable drag range more?

Cheers.

PS Assuming you did reach 22lbs what would likely fail? I kind of assumed the insides would be pretty much the same parts as the likes of the 30T (which is spec'd at 22lb?) with just the drag washers and casing/spool etc being smaller - not necessarily weaker?

alantani

the anti-reverse roller bearing would most certainly slip at 18 pounds. then the ambassaduer-style dog would slip and the handle would fly backwards.  the other problem is that the threads on the star would strip,  they are soft brass.  having to replace the star and drive shaft would cost $60.  had to do that a couple of times for various customers.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!