BX400N Clicker issue

Started by al_n_VB757, January 21, 2015, 05:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_n_VB757

I have a BX400N that is about a year old. The clicker has loosened. It still slides, but it is significantly lifted. It is still operational but will I need to send back to Accurate for them to fix or is this something that I can do or my local reel repair guy can fix?

johndtuttle

"Loosened" do you mean the spring is fatigued (doesn't click as loud) or that the button is loose in it's housing?

The spring is easily replaced.

al_n_VB757

Quote from: johndtuttle on January 21, 2015, 06:50:39 PM
"Loosened" do you mean the spring is fatigued (doesn't click as loud) or that the button is loose in it's housing?

Button is loose.

johndtuttle

Quote from: al_n_VB757 on January 21, 2015, 08:04:40 PM

Button is loose.

I think there is a little nylon bushing in there that wears but is not shown on the schematic. I would contact Accurate and see if they can send one out. This is typically the sort of doo-dad that gets sent out for free.

al_n_VB757

Quote from: johndtuttle on January 21, 2015, 08:37:09 PM
Quote from: al_n_VB757 on January 21, 2015, 08:04:40 PM

Button is loose.

I think there is a little nylon bushing in there that wears but is not shown on the schematic. I would contact Accurate and see if they can send one out. This is typically the sort of doo-dad that gets sent out for free.

thanks John. I may crack her open. Wish me luck!

johndtuttle

go for it!

Standing by to assist. I'm sure others will too as needed.