The Plinths

Started by Shark Hunter, February 02, 2015, 01:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: Aiala on February 11, 2015, 08:42:09 PM
Quote from: Dominick on February 11, 2015, 04:59:47 PM
Thanks for the photo Aiala.  Beautiful reel.  I also like your choice of books.  Have you gotten into Michael Connelly and the Harry Bosch series?  Amazon just got through making a series for streaming which starts Friday.  Dominick

Dom, I've read everything by Connelly, including Bosch and the Lincoln Lawyer books. Good stuff, if something less than serious lit.  ;)

I've watched the Amazon pilot twice, already have the show programmed into my DVR. Not crazy about Titus Welliver as Harry, but will reserve judgement for now.   :)

~A~
When I saw your selection, I knew you were up on my man Harry.  I am going to watch the pilot on Friday.  Any chance you are going to be in the bay area around March 15, 2015?   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on February 11, 2015, 09:19:26 PMWhen I saw your selection, I knew you were up on my man Harry.  I am going to watch the pilot on Friday.  Any chance you are going to be in the bay area around March 15, 2015?  Dominick

Afraid not, Dom. Actually, I seldom leave the desert (LR fishing the notable exception.) I have a very elderly dad who's closing in on one hundred years old, so I don't really like to stray too far.

Meantime, I'll bet your pig feast is going to be something else! Are you really going to sleep next to Sal??   :D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

fIsHsTiiCkS

I don't collect reels and may never do so, but have to say that these plinth are very nice!

Dominick

Quote from: Aiala on February 12, 2015, 01:53:34 AM
Are you really going to sleep next to Sal??   :D

~A~
I'll get even with Sal for that one.   ;) :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Dominick on February 12, 2015, 06:40:15 PM
Quote from: Aiala on February 12, 2015, 01:53:34 AM
Are you really going to sleep next to Sal??   :D

~A~
I'll get even with Sal for that one.   ;) :D ;D Dominick
You know Italians...They are lovers, not fighters. :D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rivverrat

Plinth......Prior to reading this thread never before heard the word used  in my life..... My education continues..... 

Shark Hunter

It is more of a European thing. Our Buddy, Jerseymic from across the pond used the term a year or so back and it spread. That reminds me. I need to get his plinths off to Cornwall!
Life is Good!

Jerseymic

Origin of PLINTH  ;)

Latin plinthus, from Greek plinthos
First Known Use: 1601

Full Definition of PLINTH

a :  the lowest member of a base :  sub base  

b :  a block upon which the mouldings of an architrave or trim are stopped at the bottom

:  a usually square block serving as a base; broadly :  any of various bases or lower parts

:  a course of stones forming a continuous foundation or base course

: And Darons Plinths heading for Cornwall ;D

Shark Hunter

Or, My Perspex creations heading to Cornwall. ;D
Life is Good!

Jerseymic

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 18, 2015, 07:18:13 AM
Or, My Perspex creations heading to Cornwall. ;D

I am a bad boy buddy for forgetting, above post updated  ;)

Take care my friend,

Mike.

Shark Hunter

Mike,
I'm Sorry for keeping you waiting. I finally got them right.

Your 12/0 and 9/0 will be riding high brother! Enjoy. ;)
Life is Good!

Jerseymic

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 16, 2015, 02:55:32 AM
Mike,
I'm Sorry for keeping you waiting. I finally got them right.

Your 12/0 and 9/0 will be riding high brother! Enjoy. ;)

Just one word buddy, WOW!!

I had better give the reels a special polish before they are mounted on those beauties.

Thank you again.

Mike.

UKChris

Seems to me we have invented a new adjective - plinthy - which describes a reel so lovely it deserves a place on a plinth.

Jerseymic

Chris,

The reels may be lovely, but  Darons plinths are exceptional :P

Newell Nut

Daron
That is some very nice work Buddy. If I ever get old enough to retire my 540 3.2 it would look cool sitting on one of those Plinths. I have a red 631 that would look good on one now and sitting on the stand under the TV.